Thread: Moose Shoulder Mount Idea's Needed

Default Moose Shoulder Mount Idea's Needed

Looking for any shoulder mount pic's. Time is up and the Tax is ready to start, waiting for the style. He recomends the sneak, but haven't seen it on a Alaskan moose. I like the old style striaght, but would like to see the sneak. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Mt Veiw sports

If my memory serves me right....when you walk in the door at mt. veiw sports in Anchorage, I believe their is a moose on each side of the door as you walk in offestting in different directions..in a sneak pose.. They are nice examples of sneak mounts.. Moose forms are limited, poses as well unlike the hudreds of choices you can get for a ... whitetail.. Ceiling height, and wall space will also kind of dictate what pose and form you choose as we'll..

Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Thanks HoytGuy, But I am unable to see the place you are talking about. I know the fourms are very limited, All the pic's I have seen are all side shots and do not really show the mount well. I would like to see more of the bottom of the palms. The best I have seen is a straight turn R/L. I have deer that are sneak mounts and they just don't seem to do them any justice. I would not do it again for deer.
    Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mouth open with a set of bears teeth, that's a classic.
    It doesn't matter what you miss them with.

Default Moose mount

Here's mine. This is the Holhowser mount, done by Alaska Precision Taxidermy.

Kahahawai, Thanks. Can't wait to see that Beast of a sheep of yours mounted. That's a Dandy bow kill for your moose!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is mine with in sneak with a slight right turn so it shows it's drop tine better. I didn't think I wanted a sneak either at first but like it fine now. Also, make sure you get detachable antlers so you can get it through your door. Unfortunately, mine has to stay in the garage as my ceilings are too low to house this. Our kitchen ceiling is perfect, but my wife drew the line and would not allow this to hang there. i used to make fun of guys with mounts in their garage, now I'm one of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Goaty, Thats pretty funny because the Garage is where mine is going also, next to my Elk, which was also to big for the inside. I hope to some day add another room for it all. Also Sweat eye guards.
    Thanks for the pic's
    Hunter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]