Thread: HOLY! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! state wide props are out!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default HOLY! CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! state wide props are out!

If you have not read this.. then YOU NEED TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and you need to get involved.. these proposed changes are STATE WIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us/g...ide09props.pdf
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I didn't see anything that got me too worked up (any more so than usual), but I am interested to see how the Upper Tanana 40 Mile AC full curl definition proposal goes. I am glad they submitted the proposal.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    I didn't see anything that got me too worked up (any more so than usual), but I am interested to see how the Upper Yukon 40 Mile AC full curl definition proposal goes. I am glad they submitted the proposal.
    that one should spur some interesting conversations... there are a few that really look er... ummm inflamatory to me...{ hehe}the one that REALLY surprised me was the troopers.. bear baiting near schools.. as they are not considered "dwelling" lol most any dorkus.. know not to bait around stuff for a mile.. that is pushing the dumb button on a few folks there...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    that one should spur some interesting conversations... there are a few that really look er... ummm inflamatory to me...{ hehe}the one that REALLY surprised me was the troopers.. bear baiting near schools.. as they are not considered "dwelling" lol most any dorkus.. know not to bait around stuff for a mile.. that is pushing the dumb button on a few folks there...
    Oh yeah, there are certainly some inflammatory proposals, but I guess that is to be expected these days. Some of the non-game proposals were pretty funny. Why can't folks just be happy with standard dogs and cats? Should be another interesting meeting.

thx for posting the... got some good ideas in there.. and some not so good idea..

I mean com...mon..... kinkajoos,sloths,wallaroos and savanah cats???

hey mom can I have a sloth for christmas... UHHH NO..and NO on the savannah cats also..

the cats are large, and can do some pretty sizable damage if they ever revert to ferile..

zoo..yes.
    educational institute.. yeah ok
    but individuals.. no

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

The proposal from AWT pertaining to bear baiting close to schools and businesses comes from an actual case in Cooper Landing I believe. Yes it sounds dumb, but in this day and age, if it isn't spelled out, people look for a loophole, and get their day in court to argue the point. In any case, just charge these folks with reckless endangerment and be done with it.
    Actually a much smaller list of proposals than most years. Only a few made me laugh when some years they were just hilarious.

Default 8 yr old

How about the 8 year old getting their own permits?

For my family 10 is just about right and still might be a bit young for my parenting purposes. For regulations, it seems good to me.

I took my 8 year old out last week deer hunting. She wasn't the shooter but was a hunter and was learning the fundamentals of packing a light load, still hunting, sitting still, calling, glassing, ect.........

She sure as heck wasn't ready to skin, pack and shoot at 8.

Now my 10 yr old is much more capable and can actually move well, pack some, and shoot.

the ones to really watch are the change of terms... to customary and tradtional by the corperations.. right now harvest for religous cerimony. may be done but if the religious cerimony is replaced with customary and tradtional wording... there is a whole new door bangig open...

meet on face book here

Default Chisana/sheep proposal

Yeah, one of our members brought that to our attention and we thought it was a good one to have on the books if they pass it. It makes total sense since when they started the sealing process, that is exactly how they did it in Tok. They put the dowel across the bottom of the bases and if the tips made it, it was a full curl. I think having both processes as ways of determining legal will make it much easier on all. If it qualifies with either method, it is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    It makes total sense since when they started the sealing process, that is exactly how they did it in Tok.
    It was also done this way in Delta at the beginning.

Speaking of laughable proposals, #43 is a hoot. Seriously? Remove all salvage requirements so that scavengers can have more food?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Speaking of laughable proposals, #43 is a hoot. Seriously? Remove all salvage requirements so that scavengers can have more food?
    The BOG/BOF should start charging a service fee for submitting proposals to cut down on frivolous and repeated proposals. It takes the board staff time to deal with these proposals and ADF&G staff time to write the comments and that all costs money. I think the quality of proposals would go up if there was a small service fee associated with submitting the proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Sure thing and if this proposal doesn't make the Troopers will be wasting all their time on wanton waste nonsense. Sheesh, I don't know about this guy but I consider wanton waste about as serious as it gets.

By the way comments are due in mid January.
    Chuck

The waterfowl proposal, the very last one is up again for discussion cutting the sea duck limit from 10 to 2. The same proposal has been around since the early 80's. This last year they actually came close to adopting it after more than 2 decades of "Do not adopt." Gotta make your voice heard in areas you care about. I, for one, love sea duck hunting and want it kept the same until proven otherwise.