Thread: Buffalo Bore for .45 ACP

Default Buffalo Bore for .45 ACP

I have a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP and was wondering if the available Buffalo Bore ammo is safe to shoot out of my particular gun? That is, can my gun handle that?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmanUSAF View Post
    I have a Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP and was wondering if the available Buffalo Bore ammo is safe to shoot out of my particular gun? That is, can my gun handle that?
    Safe? Yup, it complies with all the industry standards so is as safe as any factory ammo. If it's +P your gun needs to be rated +P also and I'm sure your XD is. Now whether it's reliable is another question altogether.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

it is +P ammo

Quote Originally Posted by adfields View Post
    safe? Yup, it complies with all the industry standards so is as safe as any factory ammo. If it's +p your gun needs to be rated +p also and i'm sure your xd is. Now whether it's reliable is another question altogether.
    hmmmmmmmmm!

Why don't you take that XD down to WW guns and have them make it a 460 Rowland (you can swap back and forth).

Then, you'd have no problems with power.

Default I use it in my kimber

I know, I'm not suppose to carry a .45 in the woods of Alaska but hey, what can I tell ya.
    I load that buffalo boar in my Kimber gold match. I understand its not anything like your XD, but it has been completely realiable.
    I do use those plastic buffers on the spring guide, I like the fact that it cushions the blow at the end of the stroke. It has to be easier on it than metal to metal.
    They have significantly more umph than the standered 230 grain stuff I usually shoot.
    I spent a short time reading some of the arguments about the realiability of the buffalo boar stuff and then decided it was all for not. As long as it works for me in my gun I figured why not stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by canyoncastle View Post
    I spent a short time reading some of the arguments about the realiability of the buffalo boar stuff and then decided it was all for not. As long as it works for me in my gun I figured why not stick with it.
    Yup thatís the ticket, does it work for you or doesnít it work for you in your gun. However I didn't much like the attitude I got from them when it didnít work for me.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

CAUTION: I bought some packaged 45 ACP +P from buffalo bore. The shots were very loud and powerful. On closer inspection of the headstamp, they were 45 super. Only shot three and called Buffalo Bore to inquire about them. The guy said not to shoot them and offered no recourse for return or exchange. So, check the load in the store or don't buy that brand.