Thread: Spot Light, Dock Lights etc.

Default Spot Light, Dock Lights etc.

I'd like to hear what you guys are using for lights on your boats. I'm thinking about lights sufficiently bright to navigate a dark interior river and find your way back to camp after dark. Your opinions on deck lighting would be appreciated also.

I use HID lights driving lights. They sell them at shucks they work we'll and can see really good with them. Way brighter than any lightforce. here a pic of the boat with them used as tie downs. I also have a hand held one which is also HID.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would look at LED type i put a 40 LED light bar on the grill on my new truck. I had light force 170's on my old one. difference is night and day
    light force are 375 lumens each i believe my light bar is 4800 lumens.
    Outlaw Autobody in Soldotna carry them and at least one outfit in ANC but i don't remember their name. not cheap but also have single 2" cube LED units that will snap together 480 lumens if i remember correctly.
    mounting lights will be an issue as if not on front of the hull you will get terrible reflection.
    here is a web site but i don't see the lights i have there
    https://www.magnalight.com/c-274-led...er-lights.aspx
    alot of lights to look over.
    on sag river last fall made a pretty good jump off a gravel bar in the dark not much fun. found water and hardly missed a beat

hope this helps
    Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER