Thread: well crap

Default well crap

the auger is offically broke. got to tinkering with it over the weekend, doing a tune up when I noticed the on off switch wasnt working. Tore things apart and wamo, she's snaped inside, ugg!

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    the auger is offically broke. got to tinkering with it over the weekend, doing a tune up when I noticed the on off switch wasnt working. Tore things apart and wamo, she's snaped inside, ugg!
    What's snapped inside?
    The Switch?

If it is, just go buy a new one at your local Radio Shack store and put it in.

Fixed!!!!!

If you don't want to fix it up, I'll be back in Alaska next September and I'll give you a crisp new dollar for it.

Default Broken Auger

Try bringing it to a small engine repair place.
    I broke the on off switch on my 10" jiffy last year took it to K-Beach small engine repair between Kenai and Soldotna and he fixed it with a new switch. He had to order the switch because it was not a standard switch and he didn't have any in stock at the time but it worked great and his rates are very inexpensive. This shop is an authorized tecumseh repair center as well as several other brands. I am sure you could find a local shop to fix it for a very reasonable fee if you can't fix it yourself.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Drifter. the switch itself down the shaft is a ball..below that is a pin, it broke on the bottom of the ball and pin. The pin is what moves left to right inside the switch to give it contact in the on position. I probably destoryed it pulling it apart LOL!

If rods saw shop has a new one I can easily fix it. If not I'll be doing some handy work with epoxy . I'll see if I cant find a switch in the mean time to get me buy if the old one is unfixable.

Twice this weekend I wished I had a mini metal late now....I may just have to spring and buy one ugg!

I've not had one of these switches apart but it can't be too difficult. I expect there are only two wires going to it. With that, the switch allows the engine to start with either the switch closed or open. I would just take the wires out of the switch and twist them together then try to start the auger. If it starts then when you want to shut it down just untwist the wires. If it doesn't start then un twist the wires and make sure they aren't touching anything and see if it will start. If it does then when you want to shut it down just twist the wires together. One of these combinations of the two wires connected or not will work to get it running. All of this is temporary to get you running while you are waiting on a replacement switch.

Dan

yay rods has the one I needed in stock, picked it up today!

yay rods has the one I needed in stock, picked it up today!
    DANG!!!! There goes my $1 auger!!!!!
    See, easy fix and probably didn't break the bank either.

lol, the fix itself isnt hard at all no, basically just clips into the old harness, no point in rewiring it, the wiring is basically new.

1 dollar auger....dunno what you're smoking but share

1 dollar auger....dunno what you're smoking but share
    See my post at the beginning of this thread offering you a buck if you couldn't fix it.