Thread: Waterproof bags

Default Waterproof bags

Anyone using the Cabelas Boundary Series bags?

For years I've gone with the cheapy yellow ones from Wal-Mart and they've worked for hunting off 4 wheelers, but I'd like to get a duffel sized bag to consolidate the families clothing into 1 bag, rather than 2-3.

Better recommendation?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Most durable waterproof bags IMHO, won't use anything else to keep my gear dry and in one bag. They hold alot, have 2 of them and still need one more.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default dry bags

They have worked very well for me for years, only issue is from rough trips though the airport. Also, I would not discount sealine as they are very well constructed as well and available locally for hands on inspection.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i was in beaver sports not long ago and seen some sweet ones. for aobut 100 bucks. back pack straps large capacity and looked nice too.. they also had the duffel type that i am sure was camparible to cableias...in cost and looks i will be buying several there this spring..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I have that X-Large duffle from Cabelas. Its huge and my buddies call it the "body bag". Anyways I can't imagine owning the Magnum as it would be a pain to move if you actually filled it with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I have that X-Large duffle from Cabelas. Its huge and my buddies call it the "body bag". Anyways I can't imagine owning the Magnum as it would be a pain to move if you actually filled it with gear.
    Ordered the XL tonight. Purchased it specifically to strap on top of a raft, either bow or stern cargo platform. Should fit gear for 2x 10days.

Also ordered a Hilleberg, teehee
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I've not used the Cabela's bags, but I have some experience with NRS bags, and their Bill's bags. Both are good bags. The equivalent Bill's bag is $10 less expensive, for what appears to be the similar specs. Hard to tell for sure, because Cabela doesn't specify the material weight. Also, the standard NRS bag is an additional $15 less, and still specs a thick 34 oz bottom fabric. http://nrsweb.com

I Used a Cabela's bag for work, and have had durability issues, the black flap is not as durable (it ripped off when the bag was loaded with weight), and without it is waterproofness is lacking. would recommend sealine, which I have used for the same purpose for 2x as long with better results. NRS Bill's bag - haven't had as long, but looks as good or better than Sealine.

Yeah those Sealine bags are nice but I'm in the market for a duffel style bag, something to leave strapped in and still be able to access from the top.

Had one on a trip down the gulkana. Owner of the bag still had dry clothes after the bag sat submerged for half the day in a flooded canoe. We used the bag itself to help patch the hole until we could properly seal it at the next camp site.

We were impressed & would highly recommend it.

Seal Line and Watershed both make really nice bags.

Brett

I ordered the NRS bag too, 50% off was just getting for an order.

I have many Sealine dry bags, the oldest being 18yrs. and have never had trouble of any kind. My bags get dragged all over the state by about every means possible.

No experience with the cabela's bag, but I did want to say we have 2 NRS bills bags. We have used and abused them for 11 years and no issues.

I am a bit late on this one, but will chime in for any future readers. Like the OP, I grew tired of the cheap yellow Walmart (Ozark Trail) bags too. I was looking for something more durable that I could use over and over. Found it in the Pacific Outdoors Gobi bag. The larger one is the 160 (or so) and a few of these will hold lots of gear. The Wytex material is tough as nails and holds up to abuse on gravel bars and what not. Great bags and they can be found on Sierra Trading Post at times much cheaper than elsewhere. I have four of the medium sized ones and 2 of the larger ones. Top shelf dry bags.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thumbs up Sealine +1

One of those products that you can count on no matter what. Definitely worth the money. Also these are the only bags made in the USA (that i know of)
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

I ended up getting an XL Cabelas Boundary Waters Bag and an NRS Watershed bag (50% off, had to)

Both seam very well built. The NRS was deceiving, until you unzip it and see the interior of the bag is where the urethane coating is. What I really liked with the NRS bag is the strap point on each end, good for lashing on the bow.

Can't wait to put them to the test.

Thumbs up Cabelas' backpack dry bag

A friend of mine gave me one of the Cabelas' dry bags(back-pack style) so I felt I had to use it. After doing so the first time, it is my first choice now. I have a duffle style Sealine and it is great also. I sure like the Cabelas' pack. It is very functional and easy to use. The buckles are tough also. Bottom line.............They are worth it........IMO gunguy1968