Thread: A bad deal with CZ

Default A bad deal with CZ

I just bought a new Safari grade CZ in .458 Win Mag . On getting it back to the cabin I discover it's a total mess . The bolt face is undersized , the extractor has way too much meat and the feeding ramp is a total mess , half finished at best and rough as a cobb . Needless to say it does not feed properly , the first round jams , second chambers , third jams , etc . The gun shop and distributor will not help it anyway . This is my sixth CZ , 2- .375's , 1 -9.3x62 , 1-.458 Lott and one .416 Rigby purchased since '91 all with no problems , great shooters but this one is bad news . just a heads up . Next time I cycle a few dummy rounds in the gunshop before I pay .

Default contact them...

I would call and e-mail them and tell them how messed up your rifle is. I can't imagine them not wanting to fix or replace it. I have never owned one, other then the .22 I bought for my grandson. Let us know how you make out.

Ive heard CZ is pretty good about warranty work and getting their rifles to functions. Seems to me the quality in their rifles has gone down compared to several years ago. The prices have also gone up. I can get a new M70 for the same or less than a CZ....

I'm surprised to hear that. I've heard nothing but good things about CZ until now, and am very pleased with the one I own. I'd definitely buy another one. I'm sure they'll make it right for you if you contact them.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Default Experience with CZ 550

I've seen only three or four of the safari magnums, shot maybe two, but I have several of the standard action rifles. I think it's called the medium 550. All my experiences with the CZ rifles have been positive. I really like them. I have one that is questionable, but I'm having it bedded, and believe that will solve the accuracy problem. Your situation seems unusual, but the people at the main office have always been helpful with me. I'm relatively sure that you can resolve your issues, and have a quality rifle to enjoy.

KB

Had a problem with a CZ shotgun once. Parts were sent immediately with no charge or questions asked based just on my word. Hopefully this bodes well for your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutjob View Post
    Had a problem with a CZ shotgun once. Parts were sent immediately with no charge or questions asked based just on my word. Hopefully this bodes well for your situation.

Wow! I have been looking at a .375 for a while but don't know anyone that has a CZ. If their customer service is that good, I am sold! Just need a little more cash!

Quote Originally Posted by GOMdiver View Post
    Wow! I have been looking at a .375 for a while but don't know anyone that has a CZ. If their customer service is that good, I am sold! Just need a little more cash!
    My brother finally managed to talk me out my CZ550 in .375 H&H. It was heavy, but it was also the nicest shooting .375 I've ever shot. The stock was about perfect, and the size of the butt spreads the recoil nicely. Sure, it weighs a smidge over 11lbs with a scope and 5 rounds, but it's a really nice shooter. If I ever get rid of my current .375 (a Sako AV), I'll probably replace it was another CZ depending of course on the outcome of Franklin's botched CZ and how they react to his problem.