Thread: boondocker nitrous?

Default boondocker nitrous?

so i was thinking of putting a nitrous kit on my 06 summit 800 ho its got 3500 mi. on it does anybody have any idea if thats gonna shorten my engine life. i would love to hear some pros and cons.

I was under the impression that a light that burns twice as bright, may burn half as long...

I'd hit HCS and dootalk for more info....

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    I was under the impression that a light that burns twice as bright, may burn half as long...
    Machines and men.....

At 3500 miles already, hell yeah a NOS kit will shorten it's span.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I am from down south, but I don't see why one would want 10sec of good power, if you want some good power put a tubo on it and hang on. I have built three sleds with them and they will climb anything you point it at.

NOS won't last long, and neither will your pistons.

BTW the turbo we ran, only burned two pistons, and even then small holes and rode them off the mountain with no problem.

Nitro or Turbo, you're going to have to either beef up stuff or break stuff.....really no other way around it...

Default so ok

do you think just keep some billet pistons and rings on hand for when the stock top end blows or chang em ahead of time?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by huntfishdrink01 View Post
    do you think just keep some billet pistons and rings on hand for when the stock top end blows or chang em ahead of time?
    i think you will find that your engine from the crank up will need to be redone in short orderd... espessally with 3500 mles already on it.. when you start talking MOD enhancements like nito. your into an entire new relm of after market from the average guy.. and start exceeding presures the two strokes are designed to handle. .... with that many miles already on your sled you have crank wear, piston, rod, bearing, ring,... wear all the way down your engine is already LOOSE... billet pistons wont save your cylindars or crank case.. from premature faliure expounded by the wear already in place....may i ask as an old retired sled head....what is the purpose of the nitro? full mod climbs? ice racing? other? just curious... we discussed this at length years ago when building sleds for exobitonist boost off the ramp etc ... but never got around to it...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default a little more

basically just kicken around the idea for that little extra power clibing the steep stuff. ive heard both sides saying like a 30 hp shot with some richer jetting really wont hurt as long as you arent on the button all the time but just seeing what some strangers think. my friends just say DO IT!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

basically just kicken around the idea for that little extra power clibing the steep stuff. ive heard both sides saying like a 30 hp shot with some richer jetting really wont hurt as long as you arent on the button all the time but just seeing what some strangers think. my friends just say DO IT!
    well that is part of the problem.. unless your altitude compensator is abolutly scookum... your richer jets will lead you to MORE issues as you traverse. they have gotten a TON better about alt/temp comesations on the sleds and i am not fully up todate on them.. but i have seen many sea level applications absolutly suck for altitude sickeness..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I bet your 06 you get to use half a bottle before she goes. If your looking for more power nito is not the way to go.. It's get pretty expensive. I have never had nito myself but my little bro has and he has his share of melt downs.

so i was thinking of putting a nitrous kit on my 06 summit 800 ho its got 3500 mi. on it does anybody have any idea if thats gonna shorten my engine life. i would love to hear some pros and cons.

One word: KABOOM!

Yeah...but your friends aren't paying for it.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default exactly

my point exactly thats why the post

i believe you should take a look that the rk teck website. they have some good options there if your wanting to get into some extra hp's. they have a nice setup where taking your original pistons from a single ring to a duel ring. they also have new heads, do porting, reprograming of the comp, the hole deal. i have always been told that with sleds especially ski doo's ( i ride one myselft 800 renegade) that at 2000 miles piston replacement and at 4k or above you need to serously consider redoing the bottom end as well. so if you are going to plan on putting nitrous with out any kind of major maintance then there are going to be some serous problems down the line. the website for the rk teck guys: www.2strokeheads.com . but depending on what your going to be using it for i believe there are better options out there then nitrous unless you got the money to keep fixing things. just my 2cents.