Thread: New Argo Question

Question New Argo Question

Ok Folks.. Need some advice.

Putting togeather my order request for our new argo avenger 8x8 EFI and need some help.

Ive been reading all the posts reference tracks and am thuroughly confused now..

We will be using our machine all year, want tracks so family (husband, Wife and Baby) can go play and hunt in snow... not too interested in crossing large bodies of water.. trails, tundra, creeks and streams yes.. rivers & lakes no..

From what i understand the rubber tracks are ok..

The super tracks are better...

Do I need wheel extensions with the super tracks??

The new track guides are breaking on machines?? Does this include super tracks or just the rubber tracks??

Are the after market tracks available better?

Also can anyone expand on problems being experianced with the new lower gearing or any other issues with the new machine?

Our family machine so far..

8x8 Avenger EFI
    Winch Kit w/ Remote
    Skid Plate
    Brushguard
    Hardtop Delux
    Heater Kit
    Tracks???

I used to own a 8x8 response with plastic tracks about 6 years ago, but had to sell - bought it from North Pole dealer (Great Guy). plan on buying new machine from Anchorage.. any problems or suggestions please send email to david.luntz@hotmail.com.

Has anyone bought in Canada and brought back to AK?

Thanks for the help.

Dave

Dave,
    I will try to answer some of your ???'s

Unless I am mistaken the only track optionts you have with the new Avenger is the rubber tracks. The super tracks were for the conquest/reponse models.

You will need wheel extensions to put rubber tracks on the Avenger.

Argo has had some problems with the plastic guides on the rubber tracks. Last I heard they were reworking them to fix the problem(maybe aluminum). replacing them is reall not that big of deal though. To my knowledge they were breaking more from summer use than using them in the snow wich they were more designed for.

There are some aftermarket tracks for the avenger www.argorsbolduc.com Rick B on this forum has some experiance with them.

If you have any more ??'s feel free to ask I will take a stab at them. I have an 05 Avenger so I love to talk Argo

Default Rick B..

Hey Rick.. Im thinking of buying a new avenger EFI and was told you are using the aftermarket tracks..

Are they really better than the stock rubber tracks?

How did you obtain (shipping)?? cost etc...

Are they 20"wide? did you have to mod your argo?

Was looking at runningthem primarily in winter..

Although when i had my response with the plastic tracks ide run it like a half track during the spring / summer / fall .. and it always kicked *****

Thanks,
    Dave

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by DaveLuntz View Post
    8x8 Avenger EFI
    Winch Kit w/ Remote
    Skid Plate
    Brushguard
    Hardtop Delux
    Heater Kit
    Tracks???

I also have Defroster on mine along with windsheild wipers also a bilge pump and cleats if you go with the super tracks you can add these on your own and save money.

I know there is a guy in Haines that goes to Whitehorse and buys his argos he save a 1,0000 buck or more I bought one of his argos a few years ago. Will never make that drive again in the middle of winter.

Default RS Bolduc tracks

Dave, I have not broke one tire guide in over a year, with the stock ones I had at first I broke several a day. The tracks are actually made be the same manufacture, the belting is a little thicker and they are 20" wide, they have stamped metal tire guides and metal backing plates, they require the same wheel spacers as the stock tracks. They also send a longer, thicker set of chain guides as well as a set of pre-cut rods that are to be welded from the back of the hub to the axle to make the front and rear axles stronger. With two people, valve stems pulled, and the argo jacked up they can be rolled on. I sent them $4200 and the address to Carlile in Anchorage, they took care of the rest, it was easy and a week later I was back in business.
    Rick B