Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Thumbs up for Doug at Camera Land

Default More Thumbs up for Doug at Camera Land

This morning a purhcased a fixed 20x eyepiece for a Nikon Spotter off of Dougs web site. It was a demo unit for 49.99 and shortly after I received an email that he was giving me a brand new one for the same price because I was a member of this web site!

Thanks Doug. You have earned future business for sure.

Steve

Default +1

Doug is the kinda of guy I love to do business with.
    Not only straight up with surprises like that but the stuff he sells are the really nice things I just can't wait to show up in the mail box.

Default update

I received the eye piece for my Nikon spotting scope that I ordered from Doug today in the mail. In the box was a free Camera Land hat with the Nikon logo on it and can of "Bustelo" energized coffee beverage? Must be a New York thing

Thanks again Doug and Happy Holidays to you as well. Which one is you in the Christmas card?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJCootie View Post
    I received the eye piece for my Nikon spotting scope that I ordered from Doug today in the mail. In the box was a free Camera Land hat with the Nikon logo on it and can of "Bustelo" energized coffee beverage? Must be a New York thing

Thanks again Doug and Happy Holidays to you as well. Which one is you in the Christmas card?

Steve
    All it took was a $50 eyepiece to get all that??? Well dang I don't feel like I got such a good deal when I bought my Swaro spotter 2 weeks ago. I got the hat and the little coffee drink that, but I guess I did get a swarovski wrist watch as well. I guess thats what the other extra $1450 gets ya.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    All it took was a $50 eyepiece to get all that??? Well dang I don't feel like I got such a good deal when I bought my Swaro spotter 2 weeks ago. I got the hat and the little coffee drink that, but I guess I did get a swarovski wrist watch as well. I guess thats what the other extra $1450 gets ya.
    **** Alaskans and your oil pipeline money!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    A WRISTWATCH!!!! I didnt get no wristwatch!!! I need to retract my positive endorsment!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chriso View Post
    A WRISTWATCH!!!! I didnt get no wristwatch!!! I need to retract my positive endorsment!!!!
    Oh yes you do Chriso. I looked it up on the Swaro website they want 76 bones for the bad boy too. Pretty good deal. Buy a wristwatch for $1500 and they throw in a Swaro spotter in for free. Surprised Doug isn't advertising that deal.

Forum Sponsor

We appreciate the support that we receive and enjoy adding extras in where and when we can.
    The "Cool Bustelo" coffee drink is something we have found to really enjoy and have worked with the company to give our clients an extra 10% discount as well as free shipping if you order from them and add promo code cameraland
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Default Another thanks to Cameraland

I have been told that my wife, (AKA Santa) was treated very well by Doug's staffer Neil, when she bought me a pair of Minox 10 by 43 HG binocs this past week. I'd say "thank you" to Doug & Neil but I'm not supposed to know about Santa's gift bag....yet
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

hap

Quote Originally Posted by Ex1811 View Post
    I have been told that my wife, (AKA Santa) was treated very well by Doug's staffer Neil, when she bought me a pair of Minox 10 by 43 HG binocs this past week. I'd say "thank you" to Doug & Neil but I'm not supposed to know about Santa's gift bag....yet
    Thinking Doug's BROTHER Neil, might not like being thought of as his staffer! Bet he gets over it though...

For the question about which one is Doug on the card... He is the good looking one! Why does it crack me up to say that?

Here is another view of Doug on my boat off Kodiak.

I made the mistake of thinking he was a nice guy and invited him up... And he took me up on it! Then he proceded to make an annual trip of it... This past summer was the "4Th Annual Once In a Lifetime" fishing trip. We always have a great time and Doug is no small part of that!

He takes care of folks. And he lives it, not just mouths it. Now that staffer of his...
    art

Forum Sponsor

Art, My brother Joel may get upset that you're replacing him with Neil our long time and faithful employee (I guess after about 15 years or so Neil is adopted family).

Looking forward to the 5th Annular OIALTFT.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

hap

Well, there was this Christmas party and I was like pre-functioning... and I was like maybe a little like messed up... Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me feel foolish! :0
    art with much egg on face...

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug View Post
    We appreciate the support that we receive and enjoy adding extras in where and when we can.
    The "Cool Bustelo" coffee drink is something we have found to really enjoy and have worked with the company to give our clients an extra 10% discount as well as free shipping if you order from them and add promo code cameraland
    I gotta admit, I did get a coffee sample and a couple hats... guess my positive endorsement will have to stand for now (in spite of the lack of a watch!)

hap

Surprised no one commented on the size of that yelloweye... With Doug's back there is an absolute guarantee his elbows are as far back as he can get 'em...
    art with freshly washed face

Forum Sponsor

Holding a fish for a photo demands holding it next to the body, otherwise the fish isn't worth taking a picture of.
    Art, I must say, you have put us on some serious sized fish (although I am still waiting for my Halibut ).
    July can NEVER come soon enough. It's what keeps me going all year.
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

hap

For the curious I should point out Doug is not exactly a Munchkin and that is a huge yelloweye. He is at least 6' tall.

hap

And what should arrive in today's mail, but a box of clothing logoed for the upcoming 5th Annual Once in a Lifetime Fishing Trip! Very neatly done, too!
    art

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    And what should arrive in today's mail, but a box of clothing logoed for the upcoming 5th Annual Once in a Lifetime Fishing Trip! Very neatly done, too!
    art
    Did it come with a Swaro watch? Maybe some coffee beans? A hat?

hap

No hat, no watch, no beans...

I'm a man of beans by no means...
    Kind of a Rogue!

Wish that did not sound like a timely political comment...

I will wait and drink a cup with Doug; yeah, that's the ticket!

Still wondering how many can honestly say they have seen yelloweyes that big before while sportfishing...
    art

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    No hat, no watch, no beans...

I'm a man of beans by no means...
    Kind of a Rogue!

Wish that did not sound like a timely political comment...

I will wait and drink a cup with Doug; yeah, that's the ticket!

Still wondering how many can honestly say they have seen yelloweyes that big before while sportfishing...
    art
    We catch 'em like that all the time, right off the dock, outta the lake in front of the house here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast