Thread: Anyone in Fairbanks area need any cylinders reamed?

Question Anyone in Fairbanks area need any cylinders reamed?

Last summer myself and NorthCountry from the forums here sent 3 of our 45 cylinders to The Cylindersmith and had them reamed. He gives a little discount for multiple cylinders. I have one I'm ready to mail out. Anyone else want in on the deal? He does several calibers. We can each save a little dough and give him a little more business. Check out the link and you can see what he does. 10% of his earnings get donated to a trust fund for the children of a man killed in the 911 attack.

Like I said, I've dealt with him before. It's a straight up deal.

Default Wish you were in Kenai!

I have 4 Ruger 45 Colt cylinders I need to send off.

Being that your sending your new one off, I guess the results from the last one was good. What differenes were you able to actually see in accuracy and leading?

Thanks,
    Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    I have 4 Ruger 45 Colt cylinders I need to send off.

Being that your sending your new one off, I guess the results from the last one was good. What differenes were you able to actually see in accuracy and leading?

Thanks,
    Will
    Will, if you ha e 4 then just mail them to him, you'll get the discount. Check out his prices. I've only got one so figured I'd see if anyone here in Fairbanks has one or two.

I'll do a before and after with the SBH for fun. But, it has .451 bore and throats. It needs done and will be better. It will take one factor out of the equation for load development. I can't get to the range this weekend though to do the before. Because of logistics in life last summer/fall I was not able to do exact before and after comparisons with my Redhawk with the same load. But, a couple weeks ago I did shoot this group with a new load I'm working up. 200gr swc plinkers. It's a tighter group than some others I shot last summer before the ream job. But, those were different loads.

About the best I can hold with open sites and 49 year old eyes at 25 yds.

sent 2 cylinders out to CAS one a .45 caliber and the other a .44 mag one a Smith and the other a Ruger. Accuracies greatly improved, I mean greatly.....I slugged both cylinder throats prior to sending them out. Some would not do such a thing but I noted that outside "human" error I had more fliers than should have...now it is resolved. He does good work and it is worth the money and effort in shipping it out...just make certain you have them insured.

Default CAS???

Is the Cylindersmith CAS on another board? Snyd, that fine off-hand shootin at 25 yrds, regardless of the throat.

I need to slug my barrels and throats to see if its even an issue in each of my shooters. I am usually plinking with 255-280gr Keith style, shoot good, but if I can squeeze more out of them, then I want it. I hate a gun that cannot shoot at least as good as me. If I miss, fine! If the gun misses, unacceptable.

Need to get to the range as well. This darn lack of light makes it tuff. Hoping to stay out of the office long enough to shoot somet his weekend--break in the new 5.5" Accupsort.

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Ya, CAS that's the guy. He's the go to guy if you decide to get em reamed.

I need to get out and do my "before" shooting so I can compare but I will get mine reamed. .451 is too tight for a .452 cast boolit.