Thread: Adak 09

Default Adak 09

Had a great time in Adak. I have some wonderful memories I'll never forget. Thanks for all members who provided info. Good luck on all your hunting adventures.
    Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up Right on

SWEET BABY!!!! Isn't ADAK a great hunt! One of my new fav places. Do you get 4-wheelers?
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Yes, Adak is a special place. We rented a 4 wheeler and a rhino which made it alot easier on the old feet.

Default Good job

Way to go guys. That will be a fine haul of delicious Caribou. Thanks for taking the time to share a few pics.

Default Nice

Nice work, that looks like some good eating there

Glad it all worked out

wow thats awsome who flew you out there my dad worked on adak for a year some of the best caribou meet i have ever had also some great fishing a guy that was there with my dad shot a bou that took the world record but they were transplanted there so it didnt count good huntn.

Default pics

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    wow thats awsome who flew you out there my dad worked on adak for a year some of the best caribou meet i have ever had also some great fishing a guy that was there with my dad shot a bou that took the world record but they were transplanted there so it didnt count good huntn.
    Do you have any pictures of it that you can share with us?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by ericrad View Post
    Yes, Adak is a special place. We rented a 4 wheeler and a rhino which made it alot easier on the old feet.
    sure a lot better sounding then 6 hours sea sick as we drove around the island in the boats..... uuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppp dooooownwwwwwwnnnnn.............uuuuuuuuuuuuuupppp pppppp dooooooowwwwwnnnnnnn....... all day long.. my dad stood at the helm and just went and all us kids would have our faces over the side.... and mom would hide in the cabin.. she did not get sea sick.. but us barfing made her barf
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    sure a lot better sounding then 6 hours sea sick as we drove around the island in the boats..... uuuuuuuuuppppppppppppppp dooooownwwwwwwnnnnn.............uuuuuuuuuuuuuupppp pppppp dooooooowwwwwnnnnnnn....... all day long.. my dad stood at the helm and just went and all us kids would have our faces over the side.... and mom would hide in the cabin.. she did not get sea sick.. but us barfing made her barf
    Nice! Nothing like being green on the water. Your mom is what my wife calls a "sympathy" puker. I've spent a lot of time out on Adak. Beautiful place, but the seas are almost always on the move.

congratulations im going there tommorow thursday 12/10/09 I love ADak its got a lot of history and a lot of caribou .

Good luck. I hope the herd is still on Mt. Moffett. You should have no problem getting to them there.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
    congratulations im going there tommorow thursday 12/10/09 I love ADak its got a lot of history and a lot of caribou .

Default Need Help

I would like to try the Adak hunt....Where can I go to find the contacts to rent a rhino and a place to stay?

Any help would be appreciated.

BBD