Thread: snow-go mileage

Cool snow-go mileage

anybody know the milage of the following: 2009ish yamaha FX Nytro MTX, 2007 ski-doo summit adrenaline 600 HO SDI, Yamaha RS Vector, Yamaha Phazer, and the Arctic Cat M8.

Huh???????

If you choose a snowmachine by the mileage, you should buy a Yammie 250, a rebuilt Elan, or Pol 340 something. I know Ski-doo had a gutless 280 or something like that, good on gas all of them, but gutless. They'll get you around for sure never fear, but gutless.

Choose your snogo by what you want to do with it.

Steep and deep = long track + power (usually the more the better)
    Work stuff like trapping = depends on the snow conditions where you live.
    Expedition and survival (bringing meat home for the family) = reliability

Now that I am finished and have stepped down off my soapbox: call those dealerships and ask the people who sell them.

My Arctic Cat Bearcat 570 fan-cooled with 1"x16"x156" track makes about 10mpg, but I intend to increase that dramatically with the Holzmann ATACC I am installing.
    My '99 Polaris XCR-800 made 13mpg consistently with a 1.25"x15"x144" track.
    I think my '00 Pol XCR-800 should do the same.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

if you are planning on just riding it for fun then they all will be close in mileage, with the exception of the Nitro...

Nitro:
    a brand new (not broke in) Nitro traveled further than I did (800 doo) one day last year, he had 8 gallons of gas and I had 14

2007 ski-doo summit adrenaline 600 HO SDI:
    I had to ride one of these when mine was broke down...I got very very poor mileage that day in deep snow (34 miles on the tank)...I assume it was because I had to keep it pinned nearly all day...you don't quite have to do that with the 800....but on the trails I've heard that the 600sdi does really well with mileage

Yamaha RS Vector:
    no idea

Yamaha Phazer:
    no idea

Arctic Cat M8
    'bout the same as the 800 doo...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Cool yup

yeah, i'm looking to get one that is the best on milage, and a utilitary one that can haul big logs and moose meat. and reliability. i was thinking a FX Nytro, or a Doo Skandic tundra v-800 or expedition v-800. one of those.

Well there are alot of options out there for you, if you looking to do work with your sled and want good fuel economy, then from my experience you should probably go with a 4stroke, every time i have ridden with them they have always gotten better fuel economy, the only down fall is that they are heavier,(i hate pulling them out when there stuck). I personally ride an 800 renegade and it does everything and more that i always wanted to do, but the fuel economy just is not there, especially when pulling a load or in the steep and deep( oh i love saying that). Yahmy's make a good 4stroke, but the other two sleds are also good one at that too. I personally am a ski doo guy. Best of luck to ya with what ever you get. I cant wait to get back and ride. You guys out there save some snow for me ....

Default yeah

yup, i'm gonna see if i could sell my 2009' rmk 550 so i could get a good anti-gas guzzler sled. i bought the thing so over-priced. 6900 green ones. right now its raining and windy... IN ALASKA, AND IN DECEMBER!!!

Default viking pro

Quote Originally Posted by jechuck91 View Post
    yeah, i'm looking to get one that is the best on milage, and a utilitary one that can haul big logs and moose meat. and reliability. i was thinking a FX Nytro, or a Doo Skandic tundra v-800 or expedition v-800. one of those.
    I just bought a new 2009 Yamaha Viking Professional for $8699. It has more pulling power than any snowmobile on the market - even has a low gear for hauling logs and moose meat. It gets close to 20mpg when not hauling anything...closer to 12-15 with a decent sized load behind you. I wish it was fuel injected, other than that - great sled, doesn't get enough publicity.

Cool wow

cool, i heard those things weigh like a moose though. i have those supertrax magazines, i think that was the one that weighed 700 or so pounds, idk though. so that sled is carbed ah? yeah, if you get an efi with a battery and the battery dies because the alternator messes up, your screwed. and that's where maintenance comes in. i know some guys who think they got the baddest ride ever, but they never maintain them. so the baddest ride on the block is their new front lawn ornament.

Do ANY of the 4-strokes have the ability to recoil start if the batt dies? That'll be an interesting feeling, standing there with a perfectly good machine, but a discharged battery.
    With all the talk about mileage, I simply cannot even begin to consider that as a concern when looking at a sled. But that is me.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

No way to start a 4-stroke without a battery, especially if it is fuel injected.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Cool yeah

on snow machines maybe. but in the 4-wheelers you dont need one.

thats what i want.... a machine that you can't pull start when its 30 below and your battery is froze..fun.

Know where there might be a used Yamaha Venture for sale. I don't think it has 500 miles yet. Well cared for. A case of bought the wrong sled for his style of riding.