Thread: My ar rifle kit

Default My ar rifle kit

My rifle kit from Del ton is finally coming. After a 366 day wait I got a call and emails from Del Ton saying the whole order is shipping. They said the 20" barrel was part of the problem but now I guess they are up to date. I asked what delay now and they said 2-3 weeks. Will see how it looks and am anxious to assemble and shoot. Thanks for all the advise given. Will let you know how it pans out.

Default Delton

I love mine. Its built on a DPMS lower and functions flawlessly. I also ordered mine last fall just after the election but got mine around xmas. wonder why yours took so long? I did order some lower parts kits in march that took 6 months to get. Other than the wait they have great service and where a pleasure to deal with. You wont be disappointed. Hillbilly

Default DPMS or Delton

I have 1 each of the lowers, a DPMS and a Del Ton. I can't see much difference and have checked the dimensions on each and they seem almost identical. I have a picture showing one difference on the inside of the receiver. Not sure if it means anything and will investigate when I get my lower parts.

In the picture the DPMS is the top receiver.

Looks like the DPMS is milled for a standard trigger group and the other might take an aftermarket custom trigger group.

Default Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by fish_stix View Post
    Looks like the DPMS is milled for a standard trigger group and the other might take an aftermarket custom trigger group.
    OH OH, could I have problems then? I can use either receiver but may build a second one with the other. No parts yet so I will see. Anxious now to start. Thank, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fish_stix View Post
    Exactly, the Del Ton is a low shelf so it will hold more 'parts'.
    It doesn't matter what you miss them with.

Quote Originally Posted by H_I_L_L_B_I_L_L_Y View Post
    I love mine. Its built on a DPMS lower and functions flawlessly. I also ordered mine last fall just after the election but got mine around xmas. wonder why yours took so long? I did order some lower parts kits in march that took 6 months to get. Other than the wait they have great service and where a pleasure to deal with. You wont be disappointed. Hillbilly
    Same here. I ordered on Oct 8 last year and got it the 27th. Only thought is to replace the extractor spring with a buffer tech upgrade.

That said, 4500 rounds in on this upper and she's still running with 0 problems. Great people at del ton

Default Got black

Quote Originally Posted by North Polar View Post
    Same here. I ordered on Oct 8 last year and got it the 27th. Only thought is to replace the extractor spring with a buffer tech upgrade.

That said, 4500 rounds in on this upper and she's still running with 0 problems. Great people at del ton
    I did use the Delton lower and everything went good. I installed a Rock river two stage trigger. I like the feel of the vented forearm. I used Brownells videos and went piece by piece. I could have used a few more tools but got her together and not a scratch. One pin and spring took a jump across the room but were found luckily. I need a scope mount yet and been thinking about a Leupold Mark AR with tactical reticle. Since the upper was all together I only had to assemble the lower and stock. A few pictures. Thanks and also, North Polar-this is basically the kit we talked about more than a year ago. One thing that kind of puzzled me, Delton put a note in the box not to use Wolf or Norinco ammo and not any steel cased ammo. Is this a warning to cover them? I don't have any Wolf but it is pretty cheap comparitively.

Default More pics

The charging handle has a Badger tac latch. Not sure if this will be in the way but it seems easy to grab. Also, since it only has a sling attachment on the butt stock, is this how they are carried, in the barrel down position? Thanks, Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    I did use the Delton lower and everything went good. I installed a Rock river two stage trigger. I like the feel of the vented forearm. I used Brownells videos and went piece by piece. I could have used a few more tools but got her together and not a scratch. One pin and spring took a jump across the room but were found luckily. I need a scope mount yet and been thinking about a Leupold Mark AR with tactical reticle. Since the upper was all together I only had to assemble the lower and stock. A few pictures. Thanks and also, North Polar-this is basically the kit we talked about more than a year ago. One thing that kind of puzzled me, Delton put a note in the box not to use Wolf or Norinco ammo and not any steel cased ammo. Is this a warning to cover them? I don't have any Wolf but it is pretty cheap comparitively.
    I got the same note with mine + no reloads. Mostly its to cover their butts. That said, I wont shoot wolf or steel case through my rifles anyhow. Careful reloads maybe but no steel case.

Default Looks like mine

I would post pics but its saying Ive already posted it. Hillbilly

Default Shot it

Finally got a chance to shoot my AR. I put a scope on it and being it isn't the scope or the mount it was a substitute just to get to shoot it. I only shot at 50 yards but it put two five round groups real close. I was really shooting for function. I have a Leupold AR scope but am looking for the Burris AR PEPR scope mount. Any thoughts on the mount? thanks

Default Burris rings

I have the burris extreme mounts on mine and love them. Hillbilly

Post waiting a year for AR 15 parts? CRAZY

I have a buddy that can get miltary spec uppers from a company that is pumping out AR components for the US Military it is top quality MILITARY issue that will shoot real hot MILITARY surplus 5.56 NATO M193 rounds as well as wimpy civilian loaded .223 remington crap they sell off the shelf. Most of those cheap web site crap is chinese made and can only take .223 civilian loads. real hot military rounds will blow them up.

If you need real MIL SPEC hardware and not these civilian wanabe junk you pick up off the local gun shop with rails and other leggo parts priced out at 1400 and up.

I can get the parts at factory cost + shipping. I pass the savings off to friends while I still have the contact.

Let me know what you need, I can usually get it. Keep in mind that the Brand names on AR 15 are just names. If It's MIL-SPEC then then it's a gov't contractor making it. most manufacturers that cut lowers and uppers cut for several Name brands.

If you want your own name brand and own serial number system in AR-15's I can get that for you too. Min Order is 1000 lowers plus 1000.00 for set up. Includes your logo and your serial numbers. Name brands mean nothing these days. It's all about CNC machining and cast quality.
    God, Guns and Guts is what made America Great

DPMS is just down the road from me and since the clown got in office they have been swamped. They just cant keep up with demand. I know a guy who used to work there and he could put in all the hours he wanted. They do make a great AR platform. Stick to the 5.56 NATO as you want to be able to shoot the real ammo for it!

Quote Originally Posted by markopolo50 View Post
    ...but am looking for the Burris AR PEPR scope mount. Any thoughts on the mount? thanks
    Other than its made in China, no issues from what I've read....

LaRue, ARMS, etc. all american made stuff...might be a little more but you support our countrymen...

whateveri8, have you ever heard a legitimate story of an upper reciver 'blowing up' using 5.56 ammo???

Default Burris

Thanks, Hunt Ak, I liked the simplicity of the Burris mount. I will look around for others though. They may have the same design. Thanks again.

No doubt its a good mount, but if you've got the cabbage, maybe consider an American made product....just sayin'

Good discussion on it here...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    whateveri8, have you ever heard a legitimate story of an upper reciver 'blowing up' using 5.56 ammo???
    What is legitimate? These were easy to find.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/i...c,54654.0.html
    This one blowed up real good!

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=30053
    http://www.thegunzone.com/stag15_lc.html

I have lots of XM193, and will keep shooting it. But I also wear glasses when I'm shooting.

Finally, I just received my Del-Ton kit, and it is nice. Well, my wife's now. She shot about 60 rounds of Black Hills reman on LC brass.