Thread: Manufacturer Support / Warranties

Default Manufacturer Support / Warranties

So I've seen all the top brands, AIRE, NRS, Soar. Ive scoped out 3 years of threads, but really haven't seen a thread compiled with warranty feedback.

I know what they offer as far as warranties, but as warranties go - they are only worth a **** if the company backs them.

NRS 5 year
    AIRE 10 year
    SOAR 5 year
    Miss anyone?

Lets face it, nothin lasts forever, **** does happen and things do break.

I'd like to get some first hand no **** details from those of who you have a raft, who use the hell out of it, who beat it up and eventually need a hand fixing it:

If you do post up, if you wouldn't mind throw in some details- even if it is really negative and makes someone look bad.

How was your situation handled?
    Everything done locally?
    Did you have to ship it out?
    Hell, did YOU have to pay?????
    How had the urethane held up?
    Have you ever had it seperate?

If you prefer, send me a PM...I know some of these Ford, Dodge, Chevy threads can cause difference of opinion.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default AIRE Warrenty

When my 15' 9" AIRE got chomped by a bear, the crew at Alaska Raft & Kayak immediately asked me to bring it in for repair or replacement.
    Nationwide, and especially here in Alaska, you are not going to hear any negitive experiences with AIRE and their 10 year No Fault warranty.

dennis

Default Aire

I've got a Sportsman's 10 (cheaper boat made by outcast/aire) and an Outcast Pac 1400 (top quality; same boat as the aire super duper puma). I lost a bladder on the Sportsman's on a cold day a couple of winters ago (before I launched luckily). The bladders on the less expensive boats are made of vinyl, not urethane, so they don't hold-up as well in the cold. Outcast/ aire did send me a new bladder within a week after I called at no cost to me. Other than that, I've had no problems with the boat and the service from Aire was exceptional!

With the Pac 14/SDP, I have a little tiny hole in the outer pvc layer caused by some idiot backing into my raft as I was setting it up at the boat launch, and I was instructed by the folks at Alaska Raft and Kayak to not even bother trying to fix it myself. I was told that they might throw rocks at me for not buying the boat from them, but that they are the aire service center in AK and they'd be happy to fix the boat and show me how to do it so I'll be prepared to do it myself in the future. I've been absolutely impressed with Aire' boats, reputation and the commitment of AR&K to holding-up Aire's standards. I would not change my decision if I had it to do over again. Aire makes great boats and Alaska Raft and Kayak seems totally willing to stand behind them even if the raft was not purchased from them.

Longest no fault warranty in the business, full service repair and accessories shop right in Anchorage...It's a no brainer for me. (just watch out for the rock throwing)

Default X2 Alaska Raft and Kayak

My son has an Aire and one of the tubes came out of his pickup on the highway and a semi ran over it. It burst and put a hole you could put your head into! The warranty covered the repairs no problem, exept is was 11 years old :-( had to pay for it, but a year earlier it would have covered. How does it get any better thant that?
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Two premium rafts have been left out of the mix. Maravia rafts are bombproof and Sotar rafts are light and slippery as frog snot on rocks. Maravia is now offering a 10 year warranty to private boaters and Sotar offers a 6 year warranty. Doubt if you would ever have to use it on either one of these rafts.

Default Sotar

Hey mr. JIM thanks for the input.I try to stay out the debate mix as i have sold SOTARS in Alaska since the company started building all types of boats for the military and commercial rafting business over 26 years ago.
    Our normal private and commercial warranty is 6 yrs. for another $200 we will do a 10 yr. The 6 yr. thing is mainly for some of the weird rivers with strange conditions in other parts of the world that buy a lot of our equipment.
    Anyway if you break a SOTAR that you buy from me, i will fix her no questions for free-- unless the owner or some one else has been too complacent to take care of (aka abuse) the equipment we sell.
    Our rafts are 100% urethane coating, No spray on-- no inner-tubes.
    I have some really good prices on some of my personal kats and rafts some new and some used-- if any one is interested.
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER
    sotaralaska@yahoo.com

Default Sotar!

Quote Originally Posted by goeaux View Post
    Hey mr. JIM thanks for the input.I try to stay out the debate mix as i have sold SOTARS in Alaska since the company started building all types of boats for the military and commercial rafting business over 26 years ago.
    Our normal private and commercial warranty is 6 yrs. for another $200 we will do a 10 yr. The 6 yr. thing is mainly for some of the weird rivers with strange conditions in other parts of the world that buy a lot of our equipment.
    Anyway if you break a SOTAR that you buy from me, i will fix her no questions for free-- unless the owner or some one else has been too complacent to take care of (aka abuse) the equipment we sell.
    Our rafts are 100% urethane coating, No spray on-- no inner-tubes.
    I have some really good prices on some of my personal kats and rafts some new and some used-- if any one is interested.
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER
    sotaralaska@yahoo.com
    Thanks for jumping in here, Goo! I've said many times that nobody can beat the quality of SOTAR's urethane material. Light, strong, and slick on the rocks. Great stuff!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay