Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Hunting Show Recommendations for Mystery Ranch Backpacks

Default Alaska Hunting Show Recommendations for Mystery Ranch Backpacks

Hello from Montana!

The Mystery Ranch Team is planning to bring our line of packs up to Alaska this April to exhibit at the Great Alaska Sportsman Show in Anchorage and possibly the Fairbanks Outdoors show.

I wanted to find out more from Alaskans themselves about these shows.

We ship a ton of packs to Alaska, but I think we could reach a lot more Alaskans given the opportunity to show them our technology first hand.

Anyone have experience with either of these shows? Recommendations? Advice?

Thank you in advance.

Best.

Mark Seacat/Mystery Ranch Backpacks

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
    Hello from Montana!

The Mystery Ranch Team is planning to bring our line of packs up to Alaska this April to exhibit at the Great Alaska Sportsman Show in Anchorage and possibly the Fairbanks Outdoors show.

I wanted to find out more from Alaskans themselves about these shows.

We ship a ton of packs to Alaska, but I think we could reach a lot more Alaskans given the opportunity to show them our technology first hand.

Anyone have experience with either of these shows? Recommendations? Advice?

Thank you in advance.

Best.

Mark Seacat/Mystery Ranch Backpacks

i suggest there is NO MAYBE on the fairbanks show... get your table now.. and we will come..

as there is little else to do at that time... we ususally all show up ..

never been to the one in anchorage.. to many strange people down there...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Vince....

I hear you. I'm looking into the booths right now in Fairbanks!

Thanks for the reply.

Mark

Mark come on up and bring your packs and people will come by your booth and try them out. You all make great packs and have a loyal following up here.

The Sportsmans shows are a great time of the year to get out of the house and start looking at gear once again so plenty of us show up.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Thumbs up Sponsor

Mark: You might even think about becoming a sponsor for this site. That'll really help get your product out to us Alaskans.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Mark: You might even think about becoming a sponsor for this site. That'll really help get your product out to us Alaskans.

with free packs to all the reply to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    with free packs to all the reply to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would at least vote for the one who recommended they become a sponsor.

ps. my son bought one of their packs last year and really loves it.

I'll contact the webmaster to find out more about sponsorship on this site... thanks for the thought!

Mark

Seacat,

I think you'll do very well coming up to the shows to display your products. I have friend that guides out of Bozeman and up here in Alaska. He swears by your pack and pushes your product very hard. Problem is that not being able to touch them first hand it's kinda a hard sell. I had two friends ready to buy other packs and once they saw his MR and tried it on both ordered the MR. My other suggestion for the shows is bring product to sell and have a show special. People come to the shows looking to gear up and get a deal. Working a booth at the Anchorage show I heard a lot of frustrated people that vendors didn't have anything to sell. They had money in their pocket but no deals or product to sell. My other idea would be possibly put on one of the seminars at the shows. MR holds an amazing amount of backpacking knowledge. Maybe you could do a couple seminars at the show and share some of that knowledge with us up here in the North. If you go back through some old threads you'll see some of the complaints people had towards the Anchorage show. Read through them and see if you as a vendor can make it better. You might end up hitting a home run. Just couple of ideas and my .02. Good luck and look forward to seeing you in the spring.

I haven't been to the GASS in probably 5 years, if you come up I will most definitley go next spring. Been wanting to check out your packs for a few years now. I would recommend that your bring a good variety of packs, like your back country skiing and snowboarding packs along with the usual hunting stuff.

Mark,
    Thanks for your interest in coming to Fairbanks in the spring. I'll mirror similar comments that others have said.

Please come to Fairbanks with a sample of your goods and have some stock on hand to sell. I realize that its hard to justify the shipping expenditures but I (and others) go to that show every spring with cash in hand for equipment we'll need that year.

I've been to the Anchorage show in the past as well.

I've been interested in your product for a couple of years and as of yet can't find one to look at in person. Despite the numerous glowing reviews on here I'm hard pressed to drop $500 on a pack I can't touch.

I believe you'd do very well at the show.

Default YES!

Mark, yall have a pretty good reputation on this site. the show would definitely get the Mystery Ranch word out even better. i dont think you would be disappointed with the turn out. I know that a lot of people would buy a pack if they could "touch" it and try it on. like hodgemen said, they come with money in hand! well, see you in April!

Justin

Exclamation I'll promote

Mark,

I like your backpacks and in fact you should become our official backpack sponsor for our TV show Alaska Outdoors Television. Iíve looked at your packs a few times but Iíve always tried to support local commerce first which hasnít responded so, allís fair. Iíll drag your packs through the mud, rain and snow giving them the ultimate Alaska TV test. Weíre heading globally this summer 2010 so the audience will be good and we need a GOOD pack manufacture on board.

We could have used your packs on several episodes this summer to replace the sub-par unites we had. I look forward to the chance to highlight your product to our audience which I have never charged for. This promotions one me; let me know what the cost is.

Best,
    Tim

Email me tim.delarm@59thpp.com

PS...I'll be at the GASS...see you there.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Mark,

I like your backpacks and in fact you should become our official backpack sponsor for our TV show Alaska Outdoors Television. Iíve looked at your packs a few times but Iíve always tried to support local commerce first which hasnít responded so, allís fair. Iíll drag your packs through the mud, rain and snow giving them the ultimate Alaska TV test. Weíre heading globally this summer 2010 so the audience will be good and we need a GOOD pack manufacture on board.

We could have used your packs on several episodes this summer to replace the sub-par unites we had. I look forward to the chance to highlight your product to our audience which I have never charged for. This promotions one me; let me know what the cost is.

Best,
    Tim

Email me tim.delarm@59thpp.com

PS...I'll be at the GASS...see you there.
    sigh... I know i sound like such a slob.. but there is another choice...

you could VINCE test it....

for the last 42 years if it could break it has while in my possession. in fact things previously thought indestructible have seemingly disintegrated before the very eyes..

buckles, straps, frames, bags, you name it.. for instance...

WHO NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an ATV rack rated at 125 lbs would not carry 900lbs of moose on it?

or that the 2500lb winch.. ONLY pulled2500lb. or less in most cases.

or that the ITP 589 loved to ripp the straps and buckles off packs tied to the rack on the trip in...

dang.... if your pack made ONE of mytrips...... you would be kabombillonares in 3.72 seconds after season closed.... and i know a few guys like me too. hard core testing guaranteed!

meet on face book here

HAHAHAHA....I no doubt the Vince test would be the ultimate test. Alaskan proven tough! Not like that..."other" um....cough...cough
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Mark,

PM sent....

I went to the Anchorage show last year.. not bad.. Lots of people, Target market... lots o- guides. not much at the show as far as equipment (serious equipment) mainly cheap -o 's , I really expected to see quality items... I only purchased a Alaska Range day pack but am ultimately looking for a true hunting pack, I hope to see your product there.

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default canada

Mark dont forget Canada! We have more guides/outfitters and resident hunters than almost any state including AK. and one thing is certain we are short on good equipment! I have been guiding for over 20 years now and if I were doing what you are I would find a few guides give them your pack to use and they will sell it for you. There are some products that I think I should get a percentage of! as hunters will see it in action then go buy it. Word of mouth is always the best advertising. I bought an elberstock pack, its not a cheap pack!! but IMHO its junk, sold it this year for a fraction of what I paid, I had been thinking of getting a Barneys (your biggest competition in AK) I looked at the Barneys at the SCI show last year and liked it, I will look at yours before I get one.

Default AK Sportsman Show - Bring it on :-)

I like the free packs to all responders...figured I better get my .02 in as well

It's all been said already, yes, yes, and yes! I haven't been to the Fairbanks show, but have been going to the Anchorage show since the age of 8 (and that was a LOOONG time ago!). It's a great party and I hit the vendor shows every day...

Last year's show was a disappointment to many. As was pointed out by others...there were vendors, but not a lot of quality stuff for sale. And what was for sale wasn't all that great a deal.

Many, many years ago - I used to work a booth at the show. The keys for us then still apply today...have inventory on hand and have a show special that really is a special!

Another great idea put out there earlier was a vendor seminar...great way to get your name out there! For me personally - a semiar on types of gear and how to use them in the field would be more interesting than a seminar on a particular guide service, etc (IMHO).

Best of luck to you (and it sounds like I might actually get to buy one of your packs this year...a thing I have to touch first as well). Let us know so we can budget accordingly

We're just waiting on the response from GASS to find out what booths we'll be getting... I'd say we're 99% on being at GASS.... Not sure on the Fairbanks show as of yet... trying to work a climbing trip into the Alaska Range between the two shows.... how's the fishing in April?

Thanks to everyone for their responses to my post... makes it pretty easy to justify the trip when everyone seems really positive about us attending.... and don't worry... we'll bring plenty of inventory and have a SWEET show special!

Best.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast