Thread: Cabin kits?

Default Cabin kits?

I'm in the beginning stages of planning for buying some land for a hunting/vacation site. I've been doing some research on options for cabins and I thought I'd ask the experts here for advice. Since I will not likely have a lot of time, I figured the best way to go would be to buy a kit that I could haul in to the site (Obviously I will have to buy some property that has decent access) and build in a relatively short period of time.

Have any of you built a cabin this way? If so, do you have recommendations for a good kit? What do the kits cost? I'd appreciate any info!

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Depending on where you are looking try these guys, they are awesome. loggingandmilling.com. they are located at about mile 1370 Alaska highway and will also deliver to your site.

Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah, I guess I'll have to wait until I get home to check them out. Darn government computers won't let me on the site over here.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Depend son the property and what type of foundation will be appropriate. Generally, you can pick up a 16x20 log kit, partial roof with loft for around $8k. Concrete/Pilings, metal roof etc will all be extra.

I priced one a complete kit, everything..15 concrete pilings, 20x24 log kit, metal roof etc..was around $23k
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thanks guys - I've e-mailed a couple of businesses that have websites advertising kits. My wife will be working on finding some property before I get home in the spring. I want to get this done this summer. Just in time for moose season.