Thread: Homemade Predator E-Caller

Default Homemade Predator E-Caller

Here is some pics of my homemade e-caller I made today. Thanks to AKmud and many others who gave out a bunch of information to build this. It works pretty good from what I can tell, better than buying those $$$ store bought kind. Just hook up my iPod, with my own call sequence and go for it. Here is a link to the thread that inspired me. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=42000
    I'd say altogether I got about $50 into this(obviously not including the ipod.). Paint job aint nothing special, just did a quick spray job. Overall it was pretty easy to make, except for a few rookie mistakes of mine with wiring, but all in all, simple. Can't wait to field test this, I am heading down to Washington next week to go deer hunting, and may bring this along to see if I can't bring back some coyotes. Not the prettiest thing, but I am pretty sure it will do the job. sorry for the shotty pics and the mess on my work table lol...

How in the world did you get paint to stick to that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    How in the world did you get paint to stick to that thing?
    Used paint for plastic, hopefully it holds if not i dont really care though. Might throw on a satin clear coat.

Hmmm...just tried some rattle can stuff when I did it also and wasnt successful....even tried bulldog adhesion promoter.

Default Paint

I also made one of these and had problems with the paint sticking. I also bought paint for plastics, but I also sanded down the outside real good this time so it is real rough. I'm hoping the paint will stick to it better now. So far it's working I haven't got it out much though

Yeah, this paint aint working too well, going to try that krylon fusion, heard that stuff works great. Some use it on there atv plastics. Just about done making a second caller as a gift for a friend. Wish I could go out calling tonight, clear and full moon, perfect.

I had problems with the fusion on all my callers. Found this jug at sportsmans. My fifth caller.

Awesome! Diggin' the carry-handle!

Wow that looks great, might have to tear apart one of mine and put it in that jug. I think the only other option to getting it camo'ed than is to get some camo tape or send it out and get it dipped. I'm liking the sportsmans jug though.

Blaster, just cover the ol girl with some snow, you'll be OK....