Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 12/04/09 River update!

Exclamation Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 12/04/09 River update!

Well guys here it is!
    If you get out of Willow or Big Lake it's great.
    In Willow we got 2.5 inches of snow in the last 36 hrs. temps into the low 40's and it's 33 right now. Lake are full of overflow! Great squiting right now! But the temps are starting to drop and there will be some ruff spots by this weekend.
    But now here what is happen up river from here!
    Talk to Dave up at Luce's and he said that 3 guys came through from Deshka Landing Wed. about Noon. They left their trailers and headed up river.
    He has got 2 ft. of new snow out front!
    Farther up river the deeper it gets. Northwoods has over 3ft.
    So to make a long story short go out Deshka Landing and rip it up!
    Be careful out there it's still early season out there!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Is this your prediction?

Thumbs up Update!

Just a quick update! Got 1 more inch of snow Wed. night and temps are going down. It's 17 degress at 4pm. and they say it might get near 0 tonight. Went out on to a lake or two today and the overflow just sucks, it everwhere.
    Talk to Dave up at Luces at 4:30pm and he said that the guys that had come throught came back and pick up thier sleds and they went to Donkey Creek. Also about 3 Iron doggers were headed for Shell Lake. And heres a great note Dave groomed the 9 miles down from his place to Kroto Slough cut and back so at least there is a good trail there!
    I think it's getting better!
    Will keep you updated!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Thumbs up

Thursday afternoon Larry H. groomed from the launch to the "House with many windows" near the mouth of the Deshka. There was too much overflow to continue grooming so he had to turn around.
    (907) 495-3374 WWW.DESHKALANDING.COM

Had me scared about the date. I think you posted on 12/02/09. Thanks for the update though.

Exclamation Fri. update!

Sorry guys about the date on the first post! But now is is the 4th. and my prediction was right. I was out today putting signs back up after all the warm and windy weather, and the overflow is starting to freeze up with temps down to 5 last night. Trails are bumpy with a little new snow on top and still some nasty overflow in places on the lakes. You can access the river via Corral Hill trail and Rolly Creek Bypass to the Deshka area. Nancy Lake State Park access off of Willow Swamp Loop is still close due to lack of snow! And also Rolly Lakes have BAD OVERFLOW!

I don't know about you guys but I am headed up river about 10:30 in the morning!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe