Thread: Lots of Powder in Anchorage

Default Lots of Powder in Anchorage

Visited SW and GNG's today looking for some V 135 powder. Both places had pretty full shelves.
    SW had the 8 pound jugs of Varget for $180. Pretty much any type of Hodgon powder you could want.
    Alas, none of the Vihtavuori 135 for me (.
    Tennessee

That's good news. Great Northern had a lot of powder too. Did you happen to see their primer selection?

Tim

I was just at SWH yesterday, and it was nice to see all the powder on the shelves...kegs as well, but not a large selection of primers yet. Looks like the long drought is about over. I hope everyone (including me) learns from it...history has a way of repeating itself.

Doc (Chuck)

Correction on the Varget, I think it was $189. Sorry but I did not look at the primer selections.

Doc,
    History has taught me to maintain about 35-40 pounds of powder and 8-10K of primers. This has allowed me to weather thru a couple of "storms" without worry.
    Alas, it still seems with each new firearm addition another type of powder is required.
    Tennessee

I'm new to reloading but I'm gonna make like snowolfe and figure out what loads work for me stock up on primers/powders now that its available.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Correction on the Varget, I think it was $189. Sorry but I did not look at the primer selections.

Doc,
    History has taught me to maintain about 35-40 pounds of powder and 8-10K of primers. This has allowed me to weather thru a couple of "storms" without worry.
    Alas, it still seems with each new firearm addition another type of powder is required.
    Randy, history has taught me EXACTLY the same lesson. Two years ago I started buying my powders in kegs and my primers in bricks (long before the big shortage).

Doc

Default Powder

Looking for Ramshot Big Game give me a shout if you see any

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    I'm new to reloading but I'm gonna make like snowolfe and figure out what loads work for me stock up on primers/powders now that its available.

Tim
    lol i think that in inevitable T...

i started last may with 2 lb ea of RL 19 / 22.... LOL once i learned how to get it into cases correcly... i was out..

now i have have to keep shooting stock and hunting stock on hand of each..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here