Thread: Arctic Cat Gas Gauge

Default Arctic Cat Gas Gauge

I have had my Cat since late last year, a 2008 500 carb unit. After the 2nd or 3rd tank of gas, my gauge stopped working. The guy's @ AC say this is a common problem with the new low sulfa gas we have and I need to use an additive like Techron with every tank of fuel. Has anyone else noticed this? Anything else I can do? Replacing the sensor with every tank of fuel is not an option I want to do. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

In the Cat oil change kits there is a bottle of fuel additive to clean the fuel sensor. The Cat dealer should know about it. You can always call my local Cat dealer at 733-7669 and talk to Dave about it.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Havent had that problem yet. To be honest I havent had to go through more than 2 tanks I only have 41miles on my 08 500 ac and had it to the shop in wasilla twice. I think those guys there are pretty crooked. This is my second one bought from there and the first one never held an idle. I wouldnt think if you spend that much money on a rig that you should have to add extra money into the tank to prevent a sensor burning out.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    I wouldnt think if you spend that much money on a rig that you should have to add extra money into the tank to prevent a sensor burning out.
    As I understand it, it is not that the sensor *burns out* rather the low Sulfa fuel causes a *coating* over the sensor and it therefore will not work. The same thing happened in my 2000 Taurus...but with that one the sensor was attached to the in-tank fuel pump and it cost $600 to change out the whole set up (for a 15 cent sensor) I can not *blame* Arctic Cat for gasoline as mandated by Al Gore...sorry
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather