Thread: Fox Hunting... good predator call/ tips?

Default Fox Hunting... good predator call/ tips?

Looking for some tips on calling foxes. I've never done any predator hunting and was hoping to get into it... I would like to go out with someone who knows how and learn a couple tricks. Are there any tips? what is a good basic caller for under thirty bucks? Im not trying to go the electronis route... Furthermore, I just got a browning t bolt 22 lr is that enough lead for a fox? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have a spot that there are always fox. However, I can never get them to stay around long enough for a shot... thanks

Default where?

If you have a place that you always see foxes.. I would be willing to go out you and show you how to execute it.. Of course you will have to show me where the foxes are that your seeing though..

I'd take you up on it but it looks like your in the wrong part of the state. I'm up in fairbanks, thats a nice bear you got... Did you get him with a bow? If your ever up in this neck of the woods we'll have to go

Default No problem

I got the one i my avatar I think in 02 or 03, Thanks, As for Fairbanks, I make it up their now and then.. I just ran the denali last weekend so I need to take a break.. Maybe after the holidays I can cruise up their and we can go out..

Feel free to call, I'll share what info I have learned and know to work.. The more predators gone, the more game their is to hunt later.. So its a win win

Hoytguy

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Coulteer, i may be up for an after noon this weekend. given shceduls and all that.. seems the kids are having back to back back back back back.. wrestling and, christmas programs, and orchestra, gutar club show,.yeah... i may very well be up for a run.. been awhile but i am pretty sure i still remember how to blow that thing..

let me know if interested...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    .. been awhile but i am pretty sure i still remember how to blow that thing..

let me know if interested...

Must....

...resist.....

Must....

....resist......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Vince and Hoyt, I would be very interested going out predator hunting. Here is my number 541-915-9941 give me a call if your gonna be in town one of these weekends. Should I be using my .243 win or 22lr? I have a 22 mag and hear there good but im not very accurate with it and you know what they say about the gun you shoot... Also I was thinking about buying a rabbit distress call? should i be picky or will most any work?