Thread: A story of Ruger's awsome customer service......

Default A story of Ruger's awsome customer service......

I had a phone conversation with a rep. at the Ruger Service center today. This paticular center was the one in New Hampshire regarding this 375 Ruger that I now have. My buddy took off the rear sight to mount some rediculously large-objective scope. So even though I bought it for cheap......it's missing the rear sight. I explained the situation to the Ruger rep. (along with some "small new england talk") and I was only asking her for the price to buy a new one. She immediately followed the question with "Don't worry about the price." We'll send yah another one complete with the screws." She asked for my mailing address and I told her....."If I still lived in Maine......I'd come down your way for a date." (she did have an attractive voice). So courtesy of Ruger and this sweet gal......I have a free sight coming my way in about ten days.......good people.

They have always been responsive to my questions, my needs and willing to go out of their way to fix any problem I have. I ruined a wooden stock on my rifle trying to insert metal pillars so as to pillar bed my rifle.

I called them and told them what I had done and that I needed a new wooden Ruger M77 stock for my 30-06. I have to pay for the stock because I purposely changed it and in the process ruined it.

But what was so cool is that she told me to give her my rifle's serial number and she would match it with a stock that was made at the same time. They are very helpful and I agree with their service being top notch.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Thats part of the reason Ruger is still Ruger and not a name on someone elses gun

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I had a phone conversation with a rep. at the Ruger Service center today. This paticular center was the one in New Hampshire regarding this 375 Ruger that I now have. My buddy took off the rear sight to mount some rediculously large-objective scope. So even though I bought it for cheap......it's missing the rear sight. I explained the situation to the Ruger rep. (along with some "small new england talk") and I was only asking her for the price to buy a new one. She immediately followed the question with "Don't worry about the price." We'll send yah another one complete with the screws." She asked for my mailing address and I told her....."If I still lived in Maine......I'd come down your way for a date." (she did have an attractive voice). So courtesy of Ruger and this sweet gal......I have a free sight coming my way in about ten days.......good people.
    I've had similar experiences with Ruger such as buying used guns with screws that had been "jimmied", a bent safety rod or the like. I once had an ultralight with a split stock from severe water damage. Call 'em up with every intention of ordering/paying for the part and they send it to me no charge. Several times they have included a Ruger patch as well. Their customer service has always kept me satisfied.

Wow, my experience with them has been completely the OPPOSITE. It was so bad in fact that I have sworn off Ruger permanently. It seemed to me that they didn't care at all that the product I bought from them was defective and that they would rather I never buy anything from them again rather than lift a finger to make the problem right. Very disappointing from an otherwise reputable American company.

Default Service

I too have had poor service from RUGER in the past. HOWEVER, I haven't purchased a Ruger firearm since the Father and Son team were at the helm as GM's, back in 2000 or so. They may now have a renewed interest in customer service. Good News !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Thumbs up

I'll also give them due positive feedback. I was about to purchase a Ruger and when the sales manager and I looked over the contents of the box and noticed the rings were gone. The manager sold me the rifle at the sale price and discounted an additional $50.00 more which Ruger advertises the cost of the free scope rings. I called the 800 number at Ruger and explained the sale, and the missing rings from the new in boxed rifle, and then they took the serial number from the rifle and sent a free pair of scope rings immediately. That's pretty good service. I had intentions of buying the rings they sent.

I've had similar positive experiences with Henry. It's good to know Ruger is another company that has good customer service. I've been thinking about their M77 in 243 for my predator/blacktail gun.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

My experience with Ruger has been mixed, some good and some less than good. They sent the parts free, but they were the wrong parts - for example. I do have several Ruger rifles that I like.

I have never seen a set of Ruger rings that I trusted to not bugger up my scope. Seems like every time I try the factory rings, the scope is damaged by the rings, so for several years now, I use other rings, such as Leupold or Warne.

KB