Thread: Sitka Ascent Pants on Sale: ~$74

Default Sitka Ascent Pants on Sale: ~$74

Camofire.com has the Sitka Ascent Pants now on sale as their deal of the day--selling out fast it appears. Price is $73.50 and they do have the mountain mimicry pattern.

Next best price appears to be at Schnees.com with the price at $89.

Based on the reviews on this site I am going to buy a pair and try them out next season, hopefully with a little luck in the drawing it will be on a sheep hunt.

Default Camofire deal off

Guess Camofire has already moved onto the next deal of the day...

I ordered a pair of XL tall while the going was good.

I was tempted, but I only want to buy 'em if I can get the jacket on sale too. A lot of times camofire will sell the jacket first and then list the matching pants next (or vice versa), but not always, and they don't usually have sizes in the M-L range. If they had the jacket, I would have probably jumped on it and bought the pants on sale at Schnees if necessary. The jacket on Schnees website isn't on sale.

I order a pair from Cabelas, somehow shipped in RealTree Camo....I'd rather have the Mimicry.

Trades? I'll sell for Schnees asking price, you pay no shipping.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I was tempted, but I only want to buy 'em if I can get the jacket on sale too. A lot of times camofire will sell the jacket first and then list the matching pants next (or vice versa), but not always, and they don't usually have sizes in the M-L range. If they had the jacket, I would have probably jumped on it and bought the pants on sale at Schnees if necessary. The jacket on Schnees website isn't on sale.
    Yeah, how could any self respecting hunter head out into the woods without a matching set!! I guess that stuff works so well all the sheep would see is a disembodied torso! Hmmm well that would be scary, I guess I see your point...

Jon, I rarely ever wear camo in the first place, so I'm not concerned about looking the part. Heck, the camo I do have is a $10 one-piece suit that I bought 10 years ago. It is in tatters, though, so the time has come...

The point of it being matching is so there's not an obvious line where the pattern breaks. Wearing camo is pointless if there's an obvious point where the pattern changes. Mis-matched camo wouldn't be any better than none at all.

I ordered a pair for the wife in small along with a Celsius vest for myself for $151 shipped. Next on the list is a Celsius jacket which is coming up within the next 3 days. Mountain Archery also has killer deals on Sitka Gear.

Jon, I rarely ever wear camo in the first place, so I'm not concerned about looking the part. Heck, the camo I do have is a $10 one-piece suit that I bought 10 years ago. It is in tatters, though, so the time has come...

The point of it being matching is so there's not an obvious line where the pattern breaks. Wearing camo is pointless if there's an obvious point where the pattern changes. Mis-matched camo wouldn't be any better than none at all.
    Same here Brian. However the only camo I currently own is a Celsius Jacket and bibs. I was able to swing some sweet deals via camofire and cabelas. Both are matching and no I will NOT wear it in public venues as I feel almost silly decked out in solid camo. Its for bowhunting only really. I agree though if you are going to have camo you might as well have it all match if you can get it that way. If not just go without and run neutral solid colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    However the only camo I currently own is a Celsius Jacket and bibs.
    A_L, how much time have you spent in the Celcius gear? Whats the warmth like in it? I sprung for a set for the ole lady based ont he killer deal I got, and she's tends to run a bit on the chilly side
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Same here Brian. However the only camo I currently own is a Celsius Jacket and bibs. I was able to swing some sweet deals via camofire and cabelas. Both are matching and no I will NOT wear it in public venues as I feel almost silly decked out in solid camo. Its for bowhunting only really. I agree though if you are going to have camo you might as well have it all match if you can get it that way. If not just go without and run neutral solid colors.
    there is a benifit to having a few sets of camo... i rarley care about pattern.. and have not seen a significant difference with camo/ with out camo/ or different patterns mixed.....

the nice thing about it..

when i get home. it all goes in the wash.. folded and in its dedicated bag for the next time. i don't have to hunt an dpick clothes or others. SHE never complians that I am ruininng my clothes or gear.. as i have to buy my own..i can blood stain it. and not worry a bit. i wear mine all summer as my dedicated mud gear, hunt gear, play gear,
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Honestly, I haven't really worn the stuff at that much. Maybe when I go out for predators sometime this winter I'll find out how well it works. I'll keep ya posted on what I find. Off hand it feels warm and much more useful than their 90% line. Down to freezing I really only need a fleece vest and a merino wool base layer while hiking. If its colder than that I'd sure rather have a real coat like the Celsius or preferably my Cabelas insulator coat(which is lighter and packs smaller and warmer, but not in the sweet camo .....oh and MUCH cheaper at $50) But I figure for chasing black bears with my bow in the end of september or end of April I'll want some sort of camo setup that I can slow down and stalk in and keep warm.