Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ?? about gun safe

Default ?? about gun safe

Does anyone know if they're any places in Anchorage to purchase a gun safe besides sportmans warehouse on Boobdocks?

Default Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by akravens View Post
    Does anyone know if they're any places in Anchorage to purchase a gun safe besides sportmans warehouse on Boobdocks?

Try Home Depot !! or Lowes !!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

How large of a safe?
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I bought my Cannon at Costco a couple of years ago.

Doc

Great Northern Guns has safes, but they don't keep them in the main store. Able Locksmiths also carries safes.

Try action security. That's who I bought mine from.

Costco, Sams Club, Walmart, Sports Authority, PX/BX

Default Fred Meyer?f

I just bought a Sentry fire resistant (1300 @30 min) at Fred's in Fairbanks. It was the biggest one they had. Was $950 and w/ sales, coupons, and floor discount got it for $725. It holds about 20 long guns w/ a shelf on top for other goodies. Maybe Fred's in ANC has them?

Bought a really nice Winchester safe at Costco for $499. I think it is 30 inches wide. Picked up a Cannon at Boondocks recently as well but it cost about $1,200 but is wider. Both are really nice but I think the Winchester was a much better buy for the price.
    Tennessee

Default Sports Authority

I just bought the largest safe they had at Sports Authority. It is a Browning Bronze series. I do not remember the model # but it lists for 1399.00 and is a great deal when you compare it to the ones at Sportsmans WH. My wife works there and they get 25% off and for the holidays they are (were) giving coupons for "friends and Family" for 35% off. I would go by there and look at the safe. If you like it, ask someone if there still doing the 35% off and if you can get one of the coupons. It may have been just for Thanksgiving day only, but will probably do it again near Christmas.

Thanks for all of your input, I will definately check out these other stores. I have looked at a few at the places I mentioned but just trying to do some homework before making the purchase. Thanks again for your help.

There is a guy on 907BigBoyToys.com that hauls them up from the lower 48. Look for his add in the guns section.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default gun safes in alaska

Neil's Lock & Safe in Wasilla has been selling the best gun safes made for 20 plus years. Summit safes, Liberty, Amsec, National Security, and Graffunder. Stop by the shop on Palmer-Wasilla Hwy or call 907 373-0961. Alaska owned and operated since 1988.

Is that your shop or is it just a coincidence you're named Neil as well? I've passed it many times...might have to check it out...

Yes, it is my shop. Not all gun safes are alike. Not all fire ratings are reliable. It is important to be informed when making a choice in something as important as your security, not to mention your family's. I've been selling and servicing safes in Alaska for 21+ years. I only carry the best quality safes.

We deliver or ship all over the state, from Barrow to Sitka, and the lifetime warranty on all our safes is honored in Alaska.

We have several safes in stock ready for delivery now. We will also have them for sale at the upcoming gun show in Wasilla at the Menard Memorial Sports Center on December 19 and 20. Come by and compare!

Quote Originally Posted by reddogiii View Post
    Yes, it is my shop. Not all gun safes are alike. Not all fire ratings are reliable. It is important to be informed when making a choice in something as important as your security, not to mention your family's. I've been selling and servicing safes in Alaska for 21+ years. I only carry the best quality safes.

We deliver or ship all over the state, from Barrow to Sitka, and the lifetime warranty on all our safes is honored in Alaska.

We have several safes in stock ready for delivery now. We will also have them for sale at the upcoming gun show in Wasilla at the Menard Memorial Sports Center on December 19 and 20. Come by and compare!
    What do you have that beats the $499 Winchester at Costco?

I bought one of the Cannon safe's at Costco 2 years ago. I works perfect for my needs. Will it hold up to a house fire, probably not the 30 minute protection is probably just a feel good thing. But its on an outside wall in my garage so its the best I can hope for. For $750 I believe, I have zero buyers remorse. I mainly got it to put all my guns in one spot locked up rather than a fire. If my house burned to the ground I'd have a lot more to worry about than if my rifles are still good. But lets face it I live in Wasilla so a meth-crazed looking for $$$ to get their next fix is probably more likely than my house burning to the ground......well unless they try and run their meth project in my crawlspace without me knowing.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

I just got an electronic ad offering a $200 rebate for a Cannon safe from Costco the other day. I deleted it, but was able to find it again (pasted above). It's smaller than the Cannon I bought there a while back, but it may be what some guys are looking for. You can also use the link to view several other Cannons that are available through Costco as well.

Doc

Doc,
    Nice safe for the money but they will not ship to Alaska.

Was in Costco today and the Winchester safes are back up to their regular price of $569 ("PFD Special price of $499 when I purchased mine). Who knows, maybe they will have them discounted before Christmas. I know a lot of guys here do not like them and prefer the Cannons but I honestly can't tell the difference.

I bought two of the WInchesters in Oct and one would not open after I closed it due to a faulty electrical keypad. Called the company and they paid for a locksmith to come to the house who couldnt unlock it without drilling. Company then sent me $150 more than what the safe cost and sent a moving team over to my house to pick it up and return it. Wished I had purchased two more of the Winchesters instead of the Cannon.

On another note, at best a safe will hold about 2/3's of the number of scoped rifles the manufactor claims it will hold.
    Tennessee

Angry That's a bummer

Thanks for the correction Randy...I should have read the fine print. Sorry to get your hopes up guys!

Doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast