Thread: Dead RV?

Default Dead RV?

not sure where this belongs, but I'll start here with the ice fishing crowd.

Anyone know where a dead camper or travel trailer might be lurking around the interior? I'm building an ice house and would really like to snag a few things out of an RV that's seen it's last road trip.

things like small windows, vents, seat cushions, table, cook top, maybe some aluminum siding, etc...

don't terribly need any of it, but if there's a camper just rotting somewhere maybe I could yard some stuff of it and then haul it to the scrap heap for the owner - it's a win win!

thanks -

I would put an ad on Craig's List. I bet since you are willing to dispose of said RV after getting the parts you want, you won't have a tough time finding a willing owner who's wife wants the junky old RV out of the yard.

Caution with the old campers, check first for mold..if your in their rippin out parts or reusing stuff that has mold-it'll make you sick as a dawg
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I was driving between Anchorage and Fairbanks and there is an OLD motorhome sitting in a pullout with the door flapping in the wind. I don't remember where it was but somewhere in the Chulitna area if I remember right. Whoever owns it might be willing to get it gone so they aren't responsible for it's removal. Check with the Troopers or a trucking company to see what mile post it is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender View Post
    I was driving between Anchorage and Fairbanks and there is an OLD motorhome sitting in a pullout with the door flapping in the wind. I don't remember where it was but somewhere in the Chulitna area if I remember right. Whoever owns it might be willing to get it gone so they aren't responsible for it's removal. Check with the Troopers or a trucking company to see what mile post it is at.
    Im pretty sure its around Denali North pullout. I thought of the same thing but didnt want to mess with getting it back up to squarebanks
    -At what point does "against all enemies foreign and domestic" apply to politicians?

Keep an eye on craigslist, there was a free slide in posted a few days back. Now that there's a craigslist for more than just anchorage, it's easy to miss which one yer in...

Went and checked CL, the ad was still up, here's the link: http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/zip/1499832782.html
    Last edited by blybrook; 12-17-2009 at 09:48. Reason: added link

yeah I am watching craigslist - and I did see that ad, thanks for trying, but that one has already been gutted...I'm looking for one that is no good as a camper anymore that I can gut for my own diabolical purposes!