Thread: Looking for Air Taxi out of McGrath

Default Looking for Air Taxi out of McGrath

I am planning a hunt out of McGrath and was wanting to know people's experience with the air taxis out of the area. We are preferably looking for a float plane, but a wheel plane might do. It would probably need to be at least a 180, but no larger than a 206.

Thanks in advance.

Default McGrath flight service

I've flown with Redline Air a few times, Mike has a 180 or 185 and a low wing plane - maybe an archer? He has reasonable prices...

Default McGrath

Might look at Willow Air Service...

Default Redline

Go with Mike at Redline. He has a 185 on wheels. Nice guy. Never flown with him but am putting a new engine in his 185 right now.
    I looked into Willow air a while back and all they were interested in doing was flying out outfitted hunters for $5k apiece. I have heard that they over hunt out there a lot.

Default Magnuson Airways

Locally owned in McGrath. http://www.magnusonairways.com/index.html
    (907) 524-3123

Contact # for Redline? Can't seem to find a website or email for them.

Thanks,

Mark

We had good service with Barney from Magnuson

redline@mcgrathalaska.net

Redline Air Charters
    PO Box 271, Mc Grath, AK
    (907) 524-3733‎

Default Air Taxi in McGrath

Magnuson Airways is based in McGrath and specializes in off-airport flying, with drop-offs in the west Alaska Range on a number of different rivers, including the Dillinger River, South Fork, Windy Fork, and Middle Fork of the Kuskokwim, headwaters of the Big River, Swift River, as well as others. all using a Cessna 206 and Piper PA-12 on wheels (the Cub is off-line at the moment but will be available again in about 2 weeks).

We have just purchased a Cessna 180 on wheels and will have it online in about a week, it will be replacing our Cub as the primary off-airport workhorse, but the Cub will continue to be available thru the end of the 2010 hunting season. The 206 can comfortably work off of gravel bars in the 800-1000 feet range with a larger load, and 600-900 at lighter weights. The Cub will handle strips between 400-600 at most weights. Our Cessna 180 is expected to handle anything the Cub can.

For more information you can call (877) 524-3123 or email us at info@magnusonairways.com and we'll see if we can get you where you want on wheels, or if an operator on floats would be able to serve you better.

Devon
    www.magnusonairways.com

Default Magnuson

I met these folks last fall and would recomend them. McGrath is a great place and the people are some of the friendlies in Alaska. Take Penn Air round trip and you don't have to worry about loseing a day of hunting because of weather in the Alaska Range and tring to cross through the passes. Plan a stay at each end of your trip at the Hotel McGrath and enjoy the best food in Alaska! Thumb's up on McGrath. Tom

Default I need floats out of McGrath any recomendations?

Looking to get somewhere between Nulato and Grayling on floats would anyone have any advice . I'm not sure if there even is a float plane operation out of McGrath.

Quote Originally Posted by wildone View Post
    Looking to get somewhere between Nulato and Grayling on floats would anyone have any advice . I'm not sure if there even is a float plane operation out of McGrath.
    Drop me a pm and let's talk.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Use Magnuson

(edited). Magnuson are nice guys and very professional.
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 01-11-2011 at 05:24. Reason: negative comment about business