Thread: any recommendations for a 4-place trailer?

Question any recommendations for a 4-place trailer?

those of you out there with a 4-place snowmachine trailer have a recommendation for me? Year, make , model, etc.

I have a 2004 2-place sledbed but have outgrown it by recently adding a 3rd machine, and a 4th machine will likely follow in a year or two (my kids keep growing)

I would like to keep the cost under or slightly above $3K and get decent tires, ramp(s), spare tire, and salt shield as part of the deal...is that possible in that price range?

Going to be hard to find much in that price range. The price of new trailers has gone up soooo much, that used trailers are selling for what they sold for new...CRAZY.

Personally, I've had great luck with my 2008 Aluma trailer from White Spruce Trailer Sales.

I have a 4 place Tarnel trailer that I would like to downsize. It has 2 axels, good tires, spare, brakes on 1 axel and a ramp. No salt shield though. I thought I would use the extra two spaces onboard more often than I do and could use the extra parking space shortening up my trailer. If you are interested in a trade, send me a p.m.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Berto

I recommend an enclosed trailer.

I recently purchased a four place enclosed trailer. Same reasoning you listed, I keep getting more toys.

Anyhow, I deceided to spend the extra money and get the enclosed trailer because I wanted my stuff more secure and out of sight, the enclosed trailer could serve as a camper if need be, for the money it wasn't that much more than an open bed four up trailer, and the enclosed trailer keeps the weather and elements off the toys. Storage of the trailer and toys is safer than having them just setting there for all to see.

Like MORSNO said, used trailers are going for new price, and under 3K doesn't get much at all. I looked and just wasn't happy with what I saw. After investing thousands in my machines, I wanted something reliable to get them to and from where ever, I couldn't find anything in the 3K range that met that goal.

I ended up with a 2009 ProLine 27 foot V-nose fully enclosed. Drop door on the front and rear as well as a walk in door.

Now to get home and play in the snow!

some food for thought in these replies...

AOE, i'll send you a pm.

Ralph, your enclosed trailer sounds ideal...correct me if i'm wrong, but an enclosed trailer like yours runs $10K+? i have to keep to a reasonable budget or my better half will not go for it...

anyone else? how about a 4-place sledbed like the 2-place i already own? pros or cons to the 4-place style? i think i saw one of these for sale recently...

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Default Berto not quite

Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    Ralph, your enclosed trailer sounds ideal...correct me if i'm wrong, but an enclosed trailer like yours runs $10K+? i have to keep to a reasonable budget or my better half will not go for it...
    Berto,

Yes normally they would go around 10K.

Even though it is a 2009 built in June this year, I bought it used. So the price was a couple thousand under 10K, but I put off the purchase as long as I could to help save the money. I figured if I was going to spend 5K on a decent open bedded trailer, why not save a little more and get the trailer I wanted to begin with. Fortunately my wife agreed to that concept as well.

Good luck with your search, I hope you find the trailer you want.

Ralph

Default I priced a new

Aluma 4 place from whitespruce this summer at $4,200, so you should be able to find one somewhere. I just saw one for sale somewhere, so I will post it if I can find it.

Sounds like a good deal here, we bought a used 2 place like this one for $1700.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1492089748.html