Thread: korkers

Default korkers

getting ready to order a set. cant decide between the guides and the streamborns. are the laces that big of a deal?

also, my old white river boots were size 11. they could be a little tight at times. some people say order the korkers big because they run small. does this tend to be true?

thanks, adam

I have been using the Guide boot for 3 years and have had no cable problems and I love the boots. They are light and have a lot of drainabilty in them so they don't hold any water when you step out, maintaining the light feel. Cables are nice after a long day on the water, you slip right out with no effort.

Typically you have to go up two foot sizes with Korkers.
    "The Tug is the Drug"

so i wear a 11.5 shoe. that means a 13.5 in korkers! do they make them that big?

I wear a size 12, and my Guides are 14's. I also love them and would buy another pair.

Default I wwar the largest that they make

I wouldn't trade my guides for anything. I use the felt soles exclusively and have had very little problems that I didn't bring on my self. I have order another pair to have on hand in case I need them.

Big Fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Gibbs View Post
    so i wear a 11.5 shoe. that means a 13.5 in korkers! do they make them that big?
    No, they only come in whole sizes, so you wold have to probably go with a 14. I don't think they would feel to big either, they definitely run on the smaller sidel.

Do you have a wide foot?
    "The Tug is the Drug"

I bought a guide pair this yes and wont own any other boot. 14 straight days of fishing in them this fall and my feet felt great each day. Great boot
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Korkers

Been thinking about getting a pair, so am curious, what soles do get and which ones do you use most? Thanks, MAD

They come standard with felt and a hiking sole in the box. The hiking sole is NOT for wading, the rubber becomes very hard in the cold water and becomes very slick to walk in. If you are looking for a rubber sole for them, they have the aquastealth (that is the sole I use and swear by) and now the Kling On sticky sole (I don't know if the aquastealth is discontinued or not).

One complaint some people have about the felt, is that the felt is taller than the base of the boot, giving some an unstable feel till the felt is worn smooth with the boot sole. I have been using aquastealth soles for abot 8 years and didn't wade in the felt but a couple times.
    "The Tug is the Drug"

Default bought simms G4 vibram wading boot

well, i'm tired of slippin and fallin on my rear in summer and now winter and saving my fly rod and reel from extinction.
    wanted to ask....i guess i couldn't have gone wrong buying this boot huh? good everything on it. looking forward to fishing them this weekend. river is wide open....what a beautiful site

i dont think my foot is too wide. honestly, if they made a shoe size in 11.25 id wear it. 11 is too small and 11.5 is too big. with my foot not being that wide, i think i should go with a 13 korkers.

Default Korkers

Thanks for the info. Think I know what my Christmas present to myself will be. Happy Holidays to all.

Default I've had em both.

The guides lacing system is sweet...but be careful not to let the folds of the tongue get bunched up underneath it when it's tight...it can eat a hole in it and soon after your wader foot.

Definitely go up two sizes....or at least 1.5...depending on your size (whole sizes thing...)

the stream borns are also fantastic, they are light, but durable. Only drawback is that the laces disintegrate very quickly...carry spares and buy good ones....

I prefer the stream borns due to better ankle support.

still deciding. size 13 or 14? guides or streamborns? decisions, decisions. any other advice?

anyone wear a 11.5 shoe? size is my biggest hangup right now.

I wear 11.5 shoes, and the 14 guides fit well. the 13's were too tight

I would agree, 14's. A little more room is better than too tight, too tight and your feet are going to get cold. Do you not have an option to try on?
    "The Tug is the Drug"

no one that stocks them is closer than a couple hundred miles from me. im gonna order the 14's i think. thanks for all the help guys.

Default corkers and felt

If you plan to hike in the snow make sure you take another sole along besides the felt. The snow will form into stilts if the soles are wet.

got the guides in. they are sweet but they sent two different size soles for the trail sole. im gonna have to call and get a new one. other than that, they fit great and the lacing system is sweet! i ordered the 14's and am glad i did.

Cool, you will like them!!! If you ever break a lace, just have some good heavy mono that you can lace in them to get you by. Just in case.
    "The Tug is the Drug"