Thread: Sight recommendation?

Default Sight recommendation?

I have a new-to me lever action Winchester Model 94 AE 44 Rem Mag that I'd like to get new sights for. I have a ramp rear sight and post in the front, both are black and its hard to see. I am mainly going to use it to shoot reloads through at the range and maybe for stand-hunting black bear.

Thanks,

Tim

I highly recomend the XS sight system ghost ring sights. I know they sell a set specifically for most lever guns. Very fast and accurate shooting system.

This is a very good rear sight that don't cost much and is strong.I do suggest the long model

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...EYE_REAR_SIGHT

Default xs

vote #2 for xs!

Default williams?

My 1949 94 in thurty-thurty got a drill and tap on the old work bench to install that williams peep with the fiber whatever front.
    It was a must after 42 years of age as focus on more that one thing caused serious trouble. Every thing I shoot now has peeps on it.
    That .44 of yours will probably replace your whole gun collection. I'll be real suprised if you don't use it more than you think.

Thanks for the replies. Some good options there. I don't know if my .44 will "take" the williams style, side-mounted sight. I'll have to check.

What do you guys think of the new fiber optic front sights? Does that make a difference with the the XS/Williams or bullseye sight or will the peep/ghost ring sight make life much easier on its own?

Tim

I've been using the green fiber optic front sights. My eyes just turned 56 and the fiber optics sure help. The green seems to be easier for me to see. I use them with XS rear sight.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

Default XS...

XS Sight Systems makes a good sight. I have used their sights for many years. If you scope a lever action rifle that has a tubular magazine and an exposed hammer you have to leave America...

I've had good luck with the Ashley (now XS) sight systems on several rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    XS Sight Systems makes a good sight. I have used their sights for many years. If you scope a lever action rifle that has a tubular magazine and an exposed hammer you have to leave America...
    I have a Marlin XLR in 444 that has a scope! BUT, it does have quick release rings! I guess I scoped it because I don't have much non-scope shooting experience.

Tim

Default Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post

This has my been a dilema for me, and i just recently (pretty much) decided to put a scout scope on a win 94 with the xs forward mount.

That is until I read the above statement. It is now haunting me because I think it was lurking inside me the whole time but I could'nt quite put my finger on it.

Anyway THANKS .338 MAG.............BACK TO TURMOIL AND RUMINATION!