Thread: Just picked up my bear WOW!

Default Just picked up my bear WOW!

Wife always wanted a full size and opportunity knocked! Done by "Dahlberg's Taxidermy" in Palmer. Came out perfect! Brought him dimensions of where we wanted it in the house and a couple of photos of the area. He researched the perfect form and rock and the rest is history! Could not be happier. Also, did not have to wait forever like I have in the past for stuff. Thanks Jesse!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

NICE !!!! I keep thinking i would like to have one of my guys done up in a mount... but ... ALAS!!!!! the house is too small..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Great looking mount, should look real nice in your house.

Default Come on

you have to show it from all sides..

Your welcome and glad you and the wife liked it..

Dahlberg's taxidermy

Default more

couple more angles

Dahlberg's Taxidermy
    (907)315-4432

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    NICE !!!! I keep thinking i would like to have one of my guys done up in a mount... but ... ALAS!!!!! the house is too small..

Yeah, space was an issue, she was creative and decided above the entrance to the kitchen would be perfect so this weekend I built a shelf large enough for it. Out of the way but "fits" and can be seen at any angle from the front door, living room and second floor hallway. I will try to get a couple pictures of its final resting place and post them.

Will

Nice bear and good looking mount

Default Nice one Will

What did that one square at? I've been looking at doing something similiar.
    Jeff...

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer17 View Post
    What did that one square at? I've been looking at doing something similiar.
    Jeff...
    5' to 5.5' Well worth it....Pay once, cry once and enjoy! LOL

A couple more inside where it will stay. Now just need to add some more terrain instead of white walls.

what it cost to do something like this?
    Semper Fi!

Default Wow

That bear looks like he is going to take another step any second now. That is a realistic blackie. I am going to show my wife so she can start warming up to the idea-wait, I have to get a bear first. Beautiful job and no floor space taken up. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    what it cost to do something like this?
    I had a deal with him. Prices I have seen were anywhere from $3000 to $3600 to get it done from a raw hide. I know there are deals/discounts for military and young hunters. Also can run less expensive if the hide is already tanned.

Best thing I liked was I told him what I wanted and where I wanted it in the house and he "customized" it to exactly what I asked for. I told him I wanted something totally natural looking, like you were walking along and spotted him on a side of a hill and thatís what I got. Very pleased with what I got!

looks excellent, well worth 3K
    Semper Fi!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by wholden View Post
    I had a deal with him. Prices I have seen were anywhere from $3000 to $3600 to get it done from a raw hide. I know there are deals/discounts for military and young hunters. Also can run less expensive if the hide is already tanned.

Best thing I liked was I told him what I wanted and where I wanted it in the house and he "customized" it to exactly what I asked for. I told him I wanted something totally natural looking, like you were walking along and spotted him on a side of a hill and thatís what I got. Very pleased with what I got!
    wll not to bad.. consider my rug in the other thread was ~1700.00 plus 200 for the skull work... though the form for the head was one down from the largest aval.. so i guess that cost a bit... but it is well done...

so hoyt guy .. did it.. hmmmmmmmmmmm

after all those hunting tips.... hmmmm a mount may suddenly be with in range....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Looks great! He did a fantastic job. That thing is gonna scare your dog if you've got one. Might scare your guests too.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Smile Ha ha Vince

Hay Vince, I never made it down this year to the place you and I talked about.. I had already limited out on Bears for the regulatory year..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytguy View Post
    Hay Vince, I never made it down this year to the place you and I talked about.. I had already limited out on Bears for the regulatory year..
    you know the intesting thing.....

that when hunting a unit with a limit of ONE...

when you turn the corner your allowed 2 more in the unit that allows three...

however.. if you shoot your first in the the unit that allows 3 you many not have any from one...

meet on face book here

Smile Hmmm

We'll spoken.. and true da't