Thread: 6.8 SPC "Mini-Mauser" (Does anyone make it)

Default 6.8 SPC "Mini-Mauser" (Does anyone make it)

I am looking for a mini-Mauser "Action" or a Barreled action. As I want to build a 6.8 SPC on a Mini-Mauser action. Or is someone importing them fully built.......Interarms or Charles Daly.

Thank you,

I have that exact gun, but had to build it. The donor action was a .223. I am not aware of anyone chambering the mini-mauser in 6.8spc from the factory. I don't know if they have even started being imported again yet since Remington dropped them.

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post
    I have that exact gun, but had to build it. The donor action was a .223. I am not aware of anyone chambering the mini-mauser in 6.8spc from the factory. I don't know if they have even started being imported again yet since Remington dropped them.
    If yours is done........would you consider posting a photo here on this thread.......? Thanks for the Information, I feared that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I am looking for a mini-Mauser "Action" or a Barreled action. As I want to build a 6.8 SPC on a Mini-Mauser action. Or is someone importing them fully built.......Interarms or Charles Daly.

Thank you,
    The build you speak of can be done very easily from your home. Buy a cz 527 carbine in whatever configuration you want....whether it be the carbine (my favorite).....or some sort of snythetic heavier configuration. Have a barrel made by one of the custom barrel companies........take it to a gunsmith and have it headspaced to the 527 action....and enjoy that nice lil rifle! I'm not sure which would be better....the 527 chambered in 223, or the carbine chambered in 7.62x39. I would imagine the 7.62X39 carbine would be the better choice so that you can use the provided magazine. I believe the case dimensions of the 7.62x39 and the 6.8 SPC would be so similiar that the magazine and the bolt face would be "ready for action" with no further modifications. I read about this rifle build in a magazine a few years ago. good luck, i hope this info helps.

I thought that the 6.8 SPC was on a 223 bolt face, if so the 7.62x39 would be too big, you could build a dandy 6.5 grendel on a 7.62x39 action.

The 6.8 is actually built off the old 30 Remington case head dimensions.

Default 6.8 spc

My understanding is that Savage has a bolt gun for the 6.8 available in 2010. They are also coming out with a 6BR & 6.5-284 F class rifle that's smoking.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

European American Armory is the current importer of the Serbian Mausers and mini-Mausers.
    Now what ?