Thread: KinKaid Park Motorcross!!

Default KinKaid Park Motorcross!!

A few years ago I remember the motorcross being open in the winter to ride snowmachines.. dont remember if it was open last year as didnt have a sled to use. checked the other day and still closed. Anyone know if they will open this back up for snowmachines, or any where else close around to try out my machine after repairs. Was going to run it up and down the street for a few passes but worried about getting a ticket. Neighbors might complain about a little noise and smoke!!!

The sign on the gate says they close it up November 1st until spring time. FWIW, I live about a mile away from it, and can't recall hearing sleds running there in the winter.

I believe they are closed now. They used to be open all year, used to ride my quad there in the winter, now there only open what on Wed. to Sundays(in summer/fall)? They've gotten more regulated.

Default Kinkaid

I remember snowmachines there because I used to take my kids sliding on the sand dunes, they are awesome for sliding, and there used to be guys that would try to ride up to the top of the dunes with there snowmachines and get mad at us cause we were sleding..

My house is less than 1/8 from the motocross track -- lived there almost 10 years, and I can't remember ever hearing sleds there in the winter.

According to a park employee: Kincaid Park and all Anchorage Municipal Parks are closed yearlong to all motorized use. Kincaid Motocross track is open April thru October for quads and cycles only. Misuse of the Motocross area has resulted in the Anchorage Racing Lions (ARL) having to manage the area or risk its closure. Vandalism, noise, treespassing on private property as well as ski trails and illegal discharge of weapons and paint ball guns led to the new rules banning winter use. Also, the ARL cited that snowmachine traffic on the motocourse prolonged the thawing and drying out of the track for spring racing.

is there a municipal code covering this? or something of that sort.