Thread: Lever Gun Leather

Default Lever Gun Leather

Hey guys. I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this but couldn't find another one that seemed better. I recently purchased a Marlin 1895 GG SBL and was looking at purchasing a leather sling for it. This guy out of ID makes slings and buttstock covers and all kinds of cartridge cases and what not. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with him or knows anything about him. He seems to make nice functional products. A little pricey it seems but I can't find anyone to compare to. Anybody know anyone else that does the same products. He has a website levergunleather.com. Thanks for your help.

If you haven't already, you need to go here
    http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php
    Lots of good Marlin info & LGL has a section of his own.
    Other possibilities are "Simply Rugged " holsters (google it) or a gentelmen by the name of Jim Coyle thecoyles@kycom.net
    Jim made mine & I really like it. Price was right & workmanship 1st rate.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

before you buy a sling look at the brownells "quick sling". it is high grade top grain leather, which adjusts instantly. it is a real sling not a carry strap, and so actually will help with your shooting.

boyt also has a similar model. they are worth the investment, and will make you a better shooter.

good luck.
    happy trails.
    jh

I've got buttstock cover/cartridge holders from LGL on two of my Marlins. He does great work, is excellent to deal with, and pretty quick to turn around your job. I can recommend him without reservation!

BTW, another cool thing to consider, esp if you don't have a large lever loop, is a leather wrap for the loop. I got a long lace, about 1/4-1/2" wide, at Black Elk Leather on Old Seward. Used some 2-sided scotch tape on the lever, and wrapped it with some overlap. Kinda cool looking, and blunts some of the impact to my hand at the shot. Don't have a good evaluation of durability yet.

Chris

I have bought a leather sling with cartridge loops and a butt cuff with cartridge loops from him for a 1895 GG. His work is beautiful. It is not cheap but you are supporting the little guy ( always worth a little more in my book).

I had my initials carved into the butt cuff and the work was awesome.

I also had a sling and a cheekpiece/ammo carrier made by Lever and he does excellent work. He can do just about any type of rilfe leatherwork that you can imagine. When it comes to lever guns and leather, he is THE man!!

Thumbs up

I have not had anything made by him, several of the folks over at marlinowners have and all the feedback I have read has been positive
    Brian

Sounds good guys. I will be putting in my order soon. Thanks once again.

I've been very happy with this setup made by Andly Langlois (www.andysleather.com).

Andy's sling and butt cuff on my Guide Gun:

And another sling and butt cuff on my scout: