Thread: Bear hunters, viewers, baiters, need info.T- 4 days and counting

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default Bear hunters, viewers, baiters, need info.T- 4 days and counting

Okay guys i have 2 separate polls in the http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...play.php?f=101 bear bait forum.

one is for black bear hide/ meat requirements.. I NEED MORE INPUT on it.

the other is for interior grizzly populations.. if your bait out side those areas.. PLEASE at least give some input for me to record. and post the unit your in.. i used all available slots on that poll and did not have an..( other unit slot)...

The Propositions for this region are DUE Friday afternoon to the Board of Game... (BOG)

14 and 26 are not near enough inputs for this ...

heres the deal..

there is NO DATA for bear population surveys. there is no funding to do the surveys.. the BOG expects the F&G to provide that data.. whom can not.. the F&G will NOT support any increase in hunting ops or pred control or season changes .. with out survey data..

so if we have ... some sort of ANY DATA. that helps our case with the BOG...

there are already Props written for the baiting of Grizz i am not writing grizz baiting but season extensions.. in the units that have reduced seasons but high traffic..
    many of you all have heard me complain on here about our bear traffic in 20A. now is that time i get to make an attempt to do something about it and get them back to a manageable #...
    thanks

please look at the polls and fill in what info you can
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I guess what i need to claify is that i am trying to be able to show how wide spread / or concetrated the issue is..

we already know what happend in unit 16, and 13 now has no closed season no tag required...

and Delta Black bear baiters got run out by girzz years ago.

if you don't wish to publically share the end of the state you hunt at Please pm.. .. but i would like rough geographic areas...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

write this down Vince .....I know of 6 baiters in 20F and I know of three others that bait a mite further north of the River.Anyhow shouldnt F&G have that info on where ppl are baiting and can you not use that info to show numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    14 and 26 are not near enough inputs for this ...
    14A no game cam, had 7 different Grizz on my bait
    -Caleb-

along a BIG river seen 20 blacks and no grizz

Vince , this may/June we had/there were about 10 bait stations w/ 3 cams in action. the cams were moved @ every 3 days. In 16b. pics as well as video were taken regularly. But I believe the possesor of the footage is doing proposals also

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Different areas in 20a few grizz no black bears

Default 14A

Vince I don't know if this helps you or not but my friends and I have 3 stands set up within a mile and a half of each other in 14a and in the same spot going on 4 years now. We always have plenty of bear activity from both types of bears. So far, it's seems our bears live in harmony with each other. I have some of them named now and can recognize them when I see them. We have hundreds of pics of them on our bait stations. I have two sets of grizzly twins, 2.5 and 3.5 years old that visit and two different sows with 1 huge boar. The only thing I don't like is they damage everything and consume more food. We’ve only had one bad encounter with the grizzlies. My partner came out of his stand and the big boar came out of the alders behind the bait pile and bluff charged him. We think he was setting an watching the pile. I think I have 11 different black bears that work the 3 sites and although they’re nervous when they come in, it's usually within minutes just before or after the grizzlies and vice versa. If you would like some pictures, let me know... I never seen a grizzly before 06 in my area and I've never seen one unless it's on the bait site. Sure would like to be able to then them out. If I have more grizzly cubs this year, I may have to move on to another site.

I have three different grizzs and no blackies on my station in 20B in salcha. And one grizz on the elliot hwy.