Thread: Lake Louise Kicked Our Butts!

Default Lake Louise Kicked Our Butts!

drove up there friday....left valley at 7am, lost a trailer tire at sutton...by the time we got the spare on, the other tire had gone flat on us.....waited for a backup truck to get there and ditched the trailer in sutton. got to lake louise friday at around 5pm.....fished lake louise all day saturday, started at 7am and finally gave up at 3pm....not a hit, not a fish sighted, nothing.....fished a dozen different areas of the lake. fished shallow up to 5 feet, fished deep down to about 60. spent over 4 hours fishing 12-20 feet in different areas.....tried everything from big ol colossal raw shrimp to plastic swim baits that BJ's said should work....tried krocs, docs, and everythingt else we had.....i think we're gonna give up on Lake Louise, as its too expensive to go up there for nothing. at least the last times we've fished it in winter we actually had fish on or caught something! It was great meeting Mike (DirtofAlaska) and Dalton up there though. that was the most productive aspect of the trip. Hey hope you guys did better than us and hope you had a great time!

Release Lake Trout

At least you got to fish!! I wore myself out installing insulation under the cabin. Not even a good hangover to speak of.

haha hangovers......we all had one....we had our booze up in the room! that way we wouldnt have to stumble up the stairs! my buddy John and I almost went out fishing that nite! probly woulda caught somethin then....well maybe youll get some fishin in next time......heard long lake on the glenn has 10" of ice.....think i mite hit it next weekend, either that or Big Lake

Release Lake Trout

Somewhere warm, where you don't have to put insulation and OSB over your head until your shoulders and back ache on frozen tundra........

Wink

It gets hit pretty hard in the summer months. I was up there twice this year and both times the campground and boat launch parking area was filled up. Watched quite awhile and saw a lot of boats working the islands pretty good, trolling. That much pressure surely puts a dent in the numbers of fish. Have you looked at Crosswind or some of the other lakes that don't have road access to them?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    It gets hit pretty hard in the summer months. I was up there twice this year and both times the campground and boat launch parking area was filled up. Watched quite awhile and saw a lot of boats working the islands pretty good, trolling. That much pressure surely puts a dent in the numbers of fish. Have you looked at Crosswind or some of the other lakes that don't have road access to them?
    The islands seem to get alot of traffic. Maybe there are magnetic forces pulling people to the same spot on the lake.

I agree, way too much pressure for such a small area. People should just stay home.

I agree with dirtofak stay home there are only a few fish to be caught and they are all small.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    drove up there friday....left valley at 7am, lost a trailer tire at sutton...by the time we got the spare on, the other tire had gone flat on us.....waited for a backup truck to get there and ditched the trailer in sutton. got to lake louise friday at around 5pm.....fished lake louise all day saturday, started at 7am and finally gave up at 3pm....not a hit, not a fish sighted, nothing.....fished a dozen different areas of the lake. fished shallow up to 5 feet, fished deep down to about 60. spent over 4 hours fishing 12-20 feet in different areas.....tried everything from big ol colossal raw shrimp to plastic swim baits that BJ's said should work....tried krocs, docs, and everythingt else we had.....i think we're gonna give up on Lake Louise, as its too expensive to go up there for nothing. at least the last times we've fished it in winter we actually had fish on or caught something! It was great meeting Mike (DirtofAlaska) and Dalton up there though. that was the most productive aspect of the trip. Hey hope you guys did better than us and hope you had a great time!
    The community of the lake and the folks who do their weekends up there are what makes the place alot of fun. PM me and I will share with you some better technique and some possible locations to try the next time you head up that way. how were you traveling? foot or snowmachine??

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    I agree with dirtofak stay home there are only a few fish to be caught and they are all small.
    just a question.....are you the guy who in past years.....set up a permanent near the "channel"??

we had a permanent shack there for maybe 3 weeks there last year. There is another crew that normally puts one there and with such a big area we dont like to step on toes. Decent fishing there though but long ways on a sled to fish for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    The community of the lake and the folks who do their weekends up there are what makes the place alot of fun. PM me and I will share with you some better technique and some possible locations to try the next time you head up that way. how were you traveling? foot or snowmachine??
    PM Sent.

Do you go out there a lot? I don't remember seeing you.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Remember that many people go to their cabins and do not fish. The most boats that I have seen fishing is 5 (ever).

Let me know next time you are up there and we can meet up and compare notes.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    PM Sent.

Do you go out there a lot? I don't remember seeing you.

Mike
    usually just use louise to commute from but have my hot spots i used to try. im usually traveling the trails to other lakes.....iv'e discovered some of the smaller ones with healthy pop. of fish for their size too. I'm usually on susitna too.