Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Monster Moose

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    110

    Default Monster Moose

    Moose #1

    How big is this Monster?
    I don't know the specifics on this one but roybekks(possible descendant of the mad trapper of rat river or maybe he's just mad or a trapper) does and maybe he will chime in with the details, I believe he and Mr. Strahan discussed this photo so he might know as well. sure is big

    Moose #2

    this is the moose I took this year, although it is not a monster it is the biggest moose I have taken. any guesses on how wide? I'll have to measure it again and will post later

  2. #2

    Default

    #1 I'd say 74", #2 I guess 59"

  3. #3
    Member northriver21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    554

    Default

    #1 69"
    #2 41" Neat bull, just not very wide.

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    #1 69"
    #2 41" Neat bull, just not very wide.
    Ditto, on the guess'.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member HWK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    KP
    Posts
    68

    Default

    #1 81
    #2 51
    Either way they are both very nice.

  6. #6
    Member akhunter3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    824

    Default

    1st- 72
    2nd- 54


    Both are nice moose, the second one has a real neat setup.



    Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

  7. #7
    Member marshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Near Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    74" and 53". I really like to conformation on the little guy, I would love to have a set like that on my wall.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    266

    Default

    #1 68"
    #2 46" nice brows on this one...

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    All-I-SAW, AK.
    Posts
    1,036

    Thumbs up

    I'd go 72" and 51"... Both are shooters....

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kenai
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    1st is 69"
    2nd is 54"
    Vance in AK.

    Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

  11. #11
    Member arrowslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    270

    Default

    1 = 68"
    2= 48

  12. #12
    Member aksheephuntress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    seward,ak
    Posts
    431

    Default

    ....I'd say 78" on the first...

    and 54" on the second....

    -beautiful pictures!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    81

    Default

    That first moose is retard big, definitely a booner for sure and if his tops were complete he'd be pushing top 10 easy. 76"

    The second one has nice long paddles but looks pretty narrow, I'd go with 48" wide.

  14. #14
    Member Knute78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Council Grove, Kansas
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Both are nice headsets. #1 = 72 inches, #2 = 52 inches

  15. #15
    Member lawdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    193

    Default I'd say...

    they are 43" & 76"

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    110

    Default



    here is another photo, I've removed part of it to protect the "the spot"

    some interesting numbers so far - still waiting for roybekks to give us the width on the big boy

  17. #17
    Member jkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    1,466

    Default

    I recognize that brush I'll see you next Fall.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

  18. #18

    Default

    What difference the head makes. Revised estimate would 51"

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Yukon Canada
    Posts
    1,289

    Default width

    He might make 50.

  20. #20

    Default smaller

    moose is about 45". Larger moose is BIG!!! 73"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •