Thread: Cheap Whites

Default Cheap Whites

Any one know where to pick up some cheap whites? I don't want coveralls since I am just too big for them and they never fit right. I am thinking some kind of mil surplus canvas top and bottom parka cover type deal. I am heading in to Anchorage tomorrow to hit Frigid North and REI but was also considering Army Navy to see if perhaps they had something

I am also picking up a set of Mil surp magnesium snow shoes so I am hoping that they work out better for me than the atlas ones I have now which tend to submarine in deep snow.

I've used tyvek suits before, which are the definition of cheap. Like you said, though, you might have a hard time finding one in your size. Ironically, I wasn't wearing whites when I was calling today. I realized when I parked my truck that I had forgot them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Any one know where to pick up some cheap whites? I don't want coveralls since I am just too big for them and they never fit right. I am thinking some kind of mil surplus canvas top and bottom parka cover type deal. I am heading in to Anchorage tomorrow to hit Frigid North and REI but was also considering Army Navy to see if perhaps they had something

I am also picking up a set of Mil surp magnesium snow shoes so I am hoping that they work out better for me than the atlas ones I have now which tend to submarine in deep snow.

Salvation army... in your case...

KING size bed sheets $1.00 each. cut eye holes to fit..... the kids got a head hold and a sting to tie the flaps down.. regualr Josie` wales outfitts
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Try GI Joe's. They may have some NATO winter overwhites.
    Now what ?

Tyvek is very noisy to walk in or move around in while on a stand for pred calling. Do any good Brian?

I found em at a couple places. Second Chance next to Poncho Villa's on Spenard had a drawer of them but they were all Medium-Regular which will fit over most anyone's clothing, even mine if my arms were a few inches shorter! I ended up finding a large at Drop Zone surplus and Tactical just up Spenard a bit farther. All of them were used and 10-15 bucks. Unfortunately I never did find a pair of over-pants that fit, but I may just invest in some white bibs.

Default painters suit

I have seen white painters suits (the semi-disposable kind) for around $15. They are designed to go right over your clothes when you paint and might be large enough for you. Its a quick way to get a cheap, white outfit and often Home Depot or Lowes has long enough hours to accomodate your schedule....good luck.

Default cheap whites

I rob the linen closet and find a set of white sheets .Then ask the wife to attach snaps to make sleeves and to close the front up. Velcro strips work good if you do not have snaps.If you have time the sportsmans guide has them.Go to a mil surplus store they normally will have mil coverups.

Shop Ebay for them. I've had good luck there...use "overwhites" or "snow camoflage" in the search. GI Joes is WAY overpriced
    PC gag in place.

Default State fair

I picked mine up at a vendor at the state State fair.. Wasn't any snow in Aug. and not sure if they mismarked the price, but for 50 bucks a set I grabbed a set I grabbed 2 pair for me and the wife.. What a steal..

Default Try sportsman's guide

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/....aspx?a=504856

A sheet will probably work as well.

Default painters whites

An update on the painters whites price...More like $6. thanks

Default Army Navy

Go check out army navy. $20 bucks or so got me a durable shell that would be good for winter hunting, sheep hunting or 'bou hunting the haul road in Oct. Good luck. I like mine.