Thread: Soldotnan info needed

Default Soldotnan info needed

I will be camping near Soldotna with some of my buddies from AK. We have a nice little spot we can camp on. the only thing we are missing is a shower. When we were in Homer the Laundomat had showers for a small fee. Is there a place in the Soldotna area a guy can get a shower for a fee? Thanks for your help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    I will be camping near Soldotna with some of my buddies from AK. We have a nice little spot we can camp on. the only thing we are missing is a shower. When we were in Homer the Laundomat had showers for a small fee. Is there a place in the Soldotna area a guy can get a shower for a fee? Thanks for your help guys!
    YES!!!
    The laundromat located just off the Sterling Highway on the Kenai Spur Highway. When you drive down the hill into Soldotna heading South from Anchorage turn right at the lights by Fred Meyer and then a quick left abut 75 yds up the Kenai Spur Hwy. You will see The Soldotna Laundromat. They have showers, laundry and free WIFI!!!

OUTSTANDING!! Thanks Drifter, Thats awesome. we can do a load of laundry and peel off a couple layers of grime at the same time.

Default Agreed, but...

You might want to go to the second set of lights past Fred Meyers unless you need a brake job or tune up as well. Drifter's directions are great other than that.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanfishguides View Post
    You might want to go to the second set of lights past Fred Meyers unless you need a brake job or tune up as well. Drifter's directions are great other than that.

Cheers
    OOPS.
    Did I get the right street at least?

Drifter
    Close counts in Horseshoes, hand grenades, drive in movies with a girl and directions to a shower laudromat. It was plenty close

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    Drifter
    Close counts in Horseshoes, hand grenades, drive in movies with a girl and directions to a shower laudromat. It was plenty close
    You certainly would have found it.... The road was correct and Slowdotna is certainly not busting a metropolis, however it is a bit large for my flavor...

enjoy

Just before you hit soldotna theirs a car wash on the left. Between good time charlies and the animal hospital. They also have showers and laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak Bird Brain View Post
    Just before you hit soldotna theirs a car wash on the left. Between good time charlies and the animal hospital. They also have showers and laundry.
    Or you can just keep your windows open.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    YES!!!
    The laundromat located just off the Sterling Highway on the Kenai Spur Highway. When you drive down the hill into Soldotna heading South from Anchorage turn right at the lights by Fred Meyer and then a quick left abut 75 yds up the Kenai Spur Hwy. You will see The Soldotna Laundromat. They have showers, laundry and free WIFI!!!

Or if you have a Jones for Arby's, it just across the street on the opposite side a little further south and take a right at the first light and then hang a quick left. They have free wifi there as well. Don't ask me why I know where this place is. LOL! Actually, they have one of the nicest shower/laundry facilities in the area for a more than reasonable price.

Oh, yeah. If you have a sick pup that likes to eat salmon carcasses and gets sick, there's a great Vet that will work after hours for your pup to get him back to health Just north of the Fred Meyer passed Soldotna going north towards Cooper Landing. Don't ask me how I know this either!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSWA View Post

Oh, yeah. If you have a sick pup that likes to eat salmon carcasses and gets sick, there's a great Vet that will work after hours for your pup to get him back to health Just north of the Fred Meyer passed Soldotna going north towards Cooper Landing. Don't ask me how I know this either!
    He also will come in on a beautiful Saturday afternoon when your dog finds a dead porcipine and decides to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    He also will come in on a beautiful Saturday afternoon when your dog finds a dead porcipine and decides to eat it.
    Wouldn't doubt this at all. Great guy and a great office! You folks are lucky to have him!

Yep, best vet I have been to, plus with a name like Tim Bowser he should be.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM..........................ARRRRRRRRRR RRRRBYS

Showering while adventuring out of doors is over rated. My best was 16 days
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Showering while adventuring out of doors is over rated. My best was 16 days
    I don't shower at all in the summer...

its always nice getting back into town just for the shower
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.