Thread: Looking For Good Ice Fishing Spot

Default Looking For Good Ice Fishing Spot

After a long time away from fishing because of life, a couple great friends and I are trying to get away this Sunday for some ice fishing. Through ice is better than no fishing. We have a basic knowledge of ice fishing (have a sled/shelter, power auger, etc). Looking for a great experience for our reunion.

Please, does anyone have any places within 1-2 hours from Anchorage which would give a memorable day of fishing? Thanks folks.

Finger Lake is supposed to have good rainbow fishing through the ice. Fire lake has some pike. I've never fished through the ice on either of these but I have done 'em sucessfully from a float tube. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Seymore Lake, it is Herning Lake on some old maps. Can't beat the rainbows there. Mile 49 of the Parks and then to the northwest.

Default any of the meadow lakes! Or lake Lucile

Try lake lucile ( spelling?) In wasilla on your left if your heading north. From 9 am to 12 pm seems to be a good time slot after 12 ish it can die fast. Bring shrimp where ever you go anly use a little per hook. Caught a 25 inch rainbow over thanksgiving.

Good luck

Default Thanks

Thanks to those who posted to give me suggestions.

Default Matanuska Lake!

Give Matanuska lake a try right next to Palmer.