Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: First Rainbow 2009

  1. #1
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default First Rainbow 2009

    The ice scoop is 18" from the handle end to the base of the scoop itself. This is the biggest rainbow I have pulled through the ice. I estimate him at around 20-21" and maybe 4 pounds. It was a 7 and half minute fight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    215

    Default

    vary nice did nit come from one of the lakes near where you live

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Soldotna
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Do you have a canine companion or is there some trick youre using that tennis ball for??

  4. #4

    Question

    Very nice rainbow. How deep were you fishing?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Premium Member kasilofchrisn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central Kenai Peninsula
    Posts
    4,887

    Default 20" rainbow

    Nice Job
    Caught a 20" rainbow myself at Spirit lake between Kenai & Soldotna last sunday. Estimated weight was @ 2#. Lost one that was a lot bigger after a 1-2 Minute fight. Have caught several fish in this size range over the years through the ice. Including an estimated 5#er from one of the swanson river road lakes.
    Now that you have your first 20"+ fish they should come easier and more regularly.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

    "Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

  6. #6
    Member Rising_Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Great job!! Makes me want to get on the ice. Keep the pics coming.

  7. #7
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    I was in maybe 8' of water.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •