Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Badlands Bino Case

Thumbs up Badlands

Kingfisher, I had the same thought. Once I purchased the Badlands product I modified it to suit my own needs/desires. That included taking off the back straps. I've sewn in a couple of the male side of the buckles onto my pack straps so now when I put on the pack the Badlands straps directly onto the pack. There is no backstraps to the Bino pouch now to get in the way of my wearing a back pack with the pouch. Of course I still have the option of reattaching the male buckle into the female side and I'm back in business with the original set-up.

I've found that I was also able to cut away the entire green foam rubber pad on the back of the bino pouch to make the thing skinnier and conform to the shape of my chest better than with that thick pad pushing the binos out from my body.

The magnetic closure system is a fantastic idea, although I'm concerned that putting a digital camera next to that magnetic field could possibly compromise the stored images. Anyone have any thoughts on that possibility?
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for the shadow is mine and so is the valley. Thy Glock and thy M14 comfort me in days of civil unrest and terror

first congrats Vince

Vince and Lujon

With your respective cases, do you know (or think) that either of those would get in the way if you were doing some serious belly crawling?

Can you adjust them up high enough on your chest to be out of the way or would you be inclined to remove them before a final stalk?

Seems like the Badlands system might be easier to get/put bino with one hand quickly?

Would Badlands accidently come open/snagged?

Thanks, good info.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex1811 View Post
    Kingfisher, I had the same thought. Once I purchased the Badlands product I modified it to suit my own needs/desires. That included taking off the back straps. I've sewn in a couple of the male side of the buckles onto my pack straps so now when I put on the pack the Badlands straps directly onto the pack. There is no backstraps to the Bino pouch now to get in the way of my wearing a back pack with the pouch. Of course I still have the option of reattaching the male buckle into the female side and I'm back in business with the original set-up.

I've found that I was also able to cut away the entire green foam rubber pad on the back of the bino pouch to make the thing skinnier and conform to the shape of my chest better than with that thick pad pushing the binos out from my body.

The magnetic closure system is a fantastic idea, although I'm concerned that putting a digital camera next to that magnetic field could possibly compromise the stored images. Anyone have any thoughts on that possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by goosepilot View Post
    first congrats Vince

Vince and Lujon

With your respective cases, do you know (or think) that either of those would get in the way if you were doing some serious belly crawling?

Can you adjust them up high enough on your chest to be out of the way or would you be inclined to remove them before a final stalk?

Seems like the Badlands system might be easier to get/put bino with one hand quickly?

Would Badlands accidently come open/snagged?

You can adjust the Alaska Guide pouch to sit fairly high on your chest but it is still sticking out and will get in the way if you are trying to slither across the ground. Just no getting around that with anything on your chest.

I was wondering how well the Badlands magnetic closure works when going through brush(alders) and when taking a fall? I know my Alaska Guide pouch stayed closed and protected my binos two years ago when I took a good fall sheep hunting and have yet to come open while going through brush.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i dont think the badlands can fall open at all the bino are pocketed fairly well and i gave it a good shaking.. even if the lid comes open nothing will immidatly fall out unless i am ass over teakettle down a hill,, but there are straps and rings to secure the strap of the bino..

any way field trails to come the missus bought it for me for x mas... so i owe her to use it eh?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I havn't field tested the BL pouch so it is hard to give an honest assesment. I know with th AGC I can easily pop the quick release and grab out the bino's with one hand. They also drop back in the pouch very easily but getting good at clipping the quick release buckle one handed takes some practice. It appears that the BL pack is more pack and has a sleeve inside to push the bino's into. That is honestly more than I need, I don't want a backpack for my front I want a pouch for my bino's that has a little extra room for some esentials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12