Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badlands Bino Case

Default Badlands Bino Case

Anyone have experience with the Badlands Bino Case?
    I usually carry my 10x25 binos and range finder with lanyard around neck and one in each chest pocket.
    Would both of these fit in it?
    Would it get in the way if you were belly crawling?
    Thinking about modifying to snap to 2200 or 4500 and snap my pistol holster below

I've been thinking about getting one of those too. The $25 rig I carry my binos in now seems to be about a 3 year system, after that is self destructs and the binos fall out and down the mountain after they've gotten good and wet. The price of the Badlands setup seems cheap compared to what good binocs cost.
    It doesn't matter what you miss them with.

I think it is worth it, enough so that it is on my Christmas list. I have read good reviews on this front binoc pouch and is what I would like to get:

http://www.alaskaguidecreations.com/store.html

I think it will handle your binocs and range finder. I think he makes two sizes as well.

Looks good, would like to see more picks.

Quote Originally Posted by KClark View Post
    Looks good, would like to see more picks.
    First pick is me just after I shot my goat this year. (notice the bino pack is being used as a rest!)

Here is my actually wearing it. Unfortunately in the pics of me with my goat you can't see the pouch in the so this is me with PolarisBlakes billy.

This is the small version of the AK guide creations bino pack and I could fit a small range finder in with my 10x43 Minox HG's if I needed to. I like it!

Nice goat!

Can you snap a few close ups of the bino pack? Whats it made of? Waterproof? Diamensions? Sorry for all the Qs but I didn't see any of that info on their site.

BTW: camofire has Monster Fanny Packs for $72 right now.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

nice Jon... is that the bad lands or the one in the posted link?

i lost my leupolds last year for a day ... i found them but i sure get tired of that strap around my neck and that Bino buddy system all ways seems to have me stooped into it..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Bino Buddy's kinda sux. I have this: http://www.above-timberline.com/binocular%20accessories.htm

It's really hard to keep the binos dry when it's raining or snowing hard. I like the design of the strap system but mine is about worn out.

The AK Guide Creations Bino Pouch that LuJon posted about is the cats meow! I have been using it for year and love it.

It is not water proof but is water resistant.

Not exactly sure on what it is made of some sort of fabric. I have two of them purchased a year apart and they are made of different material but very similar.

They make two sizes medium and large. The medium is made for binos up to 10x42's while the large is for up to a 12x56 I believe. I have been using the medium for 10x42 Nikons with no issues at all.

There is a small zippered pocket on the front that a small range finder or digital camera will fit in. Then a small pocket on each side that can hold lens cleaning supplies, snack bar, or insect repellent.

The top flap is secured by a small fastex buckle. This is the only thing I would change and that would be to a slightly larger buckle that my fat fingers could work a little faster.

Before going this route I used the crooked horn bino strap system and hated the fact I was fighting it when bringing the binos up to my face. Not to mentin they did nothing to protect my binos while walking in the rain, snow, or brush. This system also bunched up under my ruck and was a pain!

I have not used the Badlands bino case but I can say Badlands is one of the finest companies I have delt with to date. They are always willing to make a customer happy and have gone above and beyond when I had an issue with one of their products. Their warranty is no BS.

Here is a couple pics of my AGC bino pouch

Thanks, I like it. Which size is it?

The smaller of the two offered but I think it is actually called "medium".

Are those zippered storage areas on the front and sides?
    Is there a way of attaching the bino/range finder lanyard to the pouch?
    Is there a divider in the main pouch to separate the bino from whatever else you have in there so it doesn't rattle?

Quote Originally Posted by goosepilot View Post
    Are those zippered storage areas on the front and sides?
    Is there a way of attaching the bino/range finder lanyard to the pouch?
    Is there a divider in the main pouch to separate the bino from whatever else you have in there so it doesn't rattle?

Yes the pockets are zippered.

You can attach the lanyard to the zipper I guess, though the first pouch I bought had an attachment point and the second did not.

No divider and you won't be fitting much else in there with the binos.

I could probably fit one of the new small rangefinders like the new leica in the main pocket with my 10x43's. If I did they would fit tight and wouldn't bang around though they would be touching. As to the pockets, yes they are zippered, the front one is large enough to fit my gps in. The side pockets have a bic and havel knife in one and a game call and the little gerber multitool in the other. There is also a little map pocket on the rear where I keep my tags in a plastic bag.

I have 10x25 Swaro and Leica crf 1200. I'm sure they would easily fit.

Anyone got experience with the Badlands one or compared it to the AK made one?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

well the boxes have arrived.. pretty sure i will have a badlands report this weekend. as x mas is friday the 18th for us
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

okay finally got around to taking some pics...

here is the case. the two side webs are large enough to carry a .45 clip each

the shoulder straps are comfortable and lots of room for adjustment

the case has several tightly made web pockets inside.. here is one with the included attached bi-no sham to clean your lens... my havalon in in the magnetic cover... the cover also has map pockets in the lining

also included is a hydration pack carrier in the shoulder harness... I will likely remove this feature and use the zippered pocket for a light emergency item or such... it is a nice idea.. but... not sure on it yet.

finally with 8x42 leupolds... with some room to spare could easily take 10x and would take the 12x of similar designs with some planning.

the cover snaps closed sharply with the magnetic closures... i guess the next step is to try it on the OLD GPS... fortunately i have one my parrot ate all the buttons off a few years ago.. so i will put batterers in it and see what it does to the memory while in the magnetic closures...

over all to this point i am satisfied with this product as i have only used it one day so far... it should fit the bill....

meet on face book here

I'd be curious what you think of the product once you throw your pack staps over the bino pack straps.......is it uncomfortable or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    okay finally got around to taking some pics...

here is the case. the two side webs are large enough to carry a .45 clip each

the shoulder straps are comfortable and lots of room for adjustment

the case has several tightly made web pockets inside.. here is one with the included attached bi-no sham to clean your lens... my havalon in in the magnetic cover... the cover also has map pockets in the lining

also included is a hydration pack carrier in the shoulder harness... I will likely remove this feature and use the zippered pocket for a light emergency item or such... it is a nice idea.. but... not sure on it yet.

finally with 8x42 leupolds... with some room to spare could easily take 10x and would take the 12x of similar designs with some planning.

the cover snaps closed sharply with the magnetic closures... i guess the next step is to try it on the OLD GPS... fortunately i have one my parrot ate all the buttons off a few years ago.. so i will put batterers in it and see what it does to the memory while in the magnetic closures...

over all to this point i am satisfied with this product as i have only used it one day so far... it should fit the bill....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast