Thread: raptor 350 knocking?????

Cool raptor 350 knocking?????

ok, we got a '07 raptor 350. when we start it up, every time the it does a revolution, we hear a knocking noise. sounds like somethings loose. 'click, click, click, click. whats wrong?

Bad gas? Could be many things but one thing that comes to my mind is worn valves.

Is it a knock or does it sound more like a slap?

Give us a bit more info.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

is your bike out doors and cold? or in a heated garage? when started?

if out doors are you preheating or allowing to warm before you ride it?

how many miles are on the bike? perferabley how many HOURS are on the meter if equiped..

have the oil changes been done every 100 hours? has the air box been cleaned.. along with the airbox drains....

sorry need a litte more then ticking to fill in the blanks...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default The Raptors are all 2 cycle aren't they?

Can't tell without hearing it but worst case would be a rod knock.
    Post a video (with sound)!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Cool yup

sounds like a metal on metal slap, a high pitched slap. its stored outside and outside when started and warmed up for a while. it was ridden alot. i mean like every day or every other day some times for the past few years. oil has been changed every time we thought it might need an oil change, like when the dipstick gets too black or too milky. also we put oil treatment in it before the last oil change. and the air box is all good. my guess is the piston is gone bad, i don't know. the previous owner put AV gas in it. yeah, i'll see what i could do on the video.

If I was you I'd pull the top end off, its the only way two know. Ugggh cam chains and valves......

The Raptors are all 2 cycle aren't they?
    No they are 4strokes. Same engine and frame as the warrior, just new plastics and shocks.

And then theres the raptor 250, 660 and 700 all 4 strokes.