Thread: Back from Kodiak Deer Hunt, Kodiak Combos

Default Back from Kodiak Deer Hunt, Kodiak Combos

I just got back from a hunt in Old Harbor Kodiak. We went out with Jeff at Kodiak Combos. I cant say enough about the awesome time we had. I went out with my Brother from Arizona, Brother in law and three Nephews from Anchorage. I was a bit worried that we wouldn't have any luck from the dismal reports on deer numbers this year. I can tell you that it was not our experience at Old Harbor. We hunted Sitkadilak Island as well as Kodiak with great results. When we landed in Old Harbor Jeff picked us up, took us to the lodge to get geared up then straight to the boat. We were able to hunt right off the plane because we flew as passengers and not charter. Jeff took us out to Sitkadilak right off. When we pulled into the bay my brother spotted a doe on the hill just off the beach so we hit the beach like Normandie ready for shooting. We ran up the hill and five minutes into our first hunt we took two good sized Bucks and a Doe. While dragging those three back to the beach two others in our party headed off and got a Buck an hour or so later. Of the six hunters on this trip, my brother was the only one who had killed any large game. We had six hunters in our party and we took 17 deer. More than half of the deer that we harvested were large Bucks. The lodging and food for the week were top notch, way better than I could have hoped for.

Thanks Jeff
    camer11-22-09 061.jpg
    camer11-22-09 063.jpg

Eagle River, AK

Nicely done, sir! Thanks for sharing the report with us.

Bondo, thanks for sharing the pic's and the story of your hunt. I must say that is a pretty darn good successful hunt to harvest 17 deer in a week! Enjoy the great steaks, stew and jerkey!

Big Lake

Wow, great hunt congrats
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo View Post
    We hunted Sitkadilak Island as well as Kodiak with great results.
    Just a little correction-

The island was Sitkalidak.