Thread: EMT Gel

Smile EMT Gel

Has anyone ever used EMT Gel? It is a product sold for use on pets....hunting dogs. I had bought some to pack in my fanny pack for my bird dogs if they cut a pad etc, but had never needed it. Tonight I was working in the shop on my wood lathe and wound up getting my pinky pinched between a gouge and the tool rest. It cut a 1 inch long slice on the side of my finger and it bled and bled etc. I came up to the house and washed it and put some EMT Gel on it and almost immediately it stopped bleeding and has not hurt yet. good stuff.

Default gel

Glad to hear that, that it's been tested not about tring to cut off your finger
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Thumbs up Yep

I have used it quite a bit. Originally, my wife bought some for her show dogs, but when I decided my thumb was a piece of firewood, the most handy stuff was her box with the EMT. I squeezed some on and it worked quite well. Keep some around all the time now, even though it's not my first choice, I am convinced of it's usefulness.
    BTW, the thumb is still attached and doing just fine.

Default Where did you find it?

I was interested in adding some to my med kit several years ago but couldn't locate any in the greater Los Anchorage area.

Thanks,
    Dave

ordered mine from Lion Country Supply in Penn. They carry about anything you could want for bird-dogs/bird hunting. they have a web site that you can order off of.

Default thanks!

I'll give them a try.
    Dave

I just saw some of this in the Fairbanks area. I can't quite remember, but it may have been at Sportsman's Warehouse.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Recently saw it at Sportsman's Warehouse, sorry didn't notice the price tag.

Thumbs up NO, super glue

Super glue and tissue adhesive are not the same thing, super glue might work though.
    While I'm not a doctor, I have been a RVT (Registerd Veterinary Technichian) for ten years. We have never used super glue on an animal while it was alive (only dead animals).
    We use a product called (Nexabond) it comes in a small vial and is dispensed with a tuberculean syringe into the laceration. The lacerated area should be clean, dry, and void of bodily fluids.
    It is not a controlled substance and could be obtained from your local friendly vet for use on your (dogs feet).

Thumbs up Gel

Used it in Baghdad best stuff I have ever used!
    Alaska

Will it freeze in cold temperatures in the tube, or is it good in a winter kit?

I don't know. Mine has always stayed in the house, unless I was out bird hunting in the fall..... The consistency being a gel would lead me to believe it would freeze, but I don't know for sure.