Thread: got my bear back.. now WHAT do you do with an 8 foot bear??

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Talking got my bear back.. now WHAT do you do with an 8 foot bear??

well the first thing you do is rearrange all the little bears.. then rearrange them again.. then rearrange the house.

then you decide thats good...

then you realize the hooks your using are starting to straighten out and the last 3 hours work is about to be on the floor...

all the while you have 3 dogs absolutely freaking out at the new addition...

the wiener HATES me bringing the bears home....

anyway here he is.. a June Brown from 2008. he has been completed since April but i had one heck of a bill to pay off with him the 3 skulls and two black bears pelts from the same month.

photos are rough he has been rolled for awhile, and needs to smooth out.

i had little shrinkage actually happen as i did not salt it.. and got him right in. maybe an inch in Over all length.. but still squares out over 8' with an inch to spare

not sure what to do with a 10'er if ever got one..

allot of this meat was also used to make Italian sausage... worked out fine tasted good too...

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Looks good dude!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Nice Vince,

That has a dang good hide on it for being a June bear. I've been in on kills in late April that didn't have as good of fur as that. When you get a 10er, you have to get it lifesized, that's the only option.

looks good looks like he was a fat bear for june.

Thumbs up

That is a great looking Grizzly Vince! I have been trying to figure out where to put one if I ever manage to connect and have yet to make that discovery in our current home. Well maybe the hallways going upstairs?

You did great and I am jealous!
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

lol he is 8'2" claw to claw try to figure where it will fit out of reach of pets that chew claws, noses, and ears... ..... average inside wall is 7'10"-8' even

this one is still not in his final spot but i needed him UP away from the dogs.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Nice rug!.....
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Default new addition

You can always just put an addition on the house to keep all your trophies.

Default wall to ceiling

On my rug I had to put the paw and partial leg up on the ceiling because it was too big for the wall alone, a good problem to have

Broncoformudv: the hallways going up the stairs is a great place to put them. I have 2 blacks (6'9"& 7')and a brown bear rug (8 1/2')in my stairway. The tall ceilings make it the only place for mine. That's where my heads are too.

...Beautiful bear!

-that looks awesome-

I've got a wall big enough for him Vince! I'll trade ya a few more 44 boolits

Nice rug, and now that I see the pics, I'm sure I saw it when I took mine out to Terry and was checking out his work. He was rolled up on the couch. I think he referred to him as "there's a big SOB..."
    Last edited by Snyd; 11-26-2009 at 08:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    I've got a wall big enough for him Vince! I'll trade ya a few more 44 boolits

Nice rug, and now that I see the pics, I'm sure I saw it when I took mine out to Terry and was checking out his work. He was rolled up on the couch. I think he referred to him as "there's a big SOB..."
    LOL i know terry is still awed by him.. ... every time we talk he wished i had him 3 weeks earlier..

All....

Terry is black bear taxidermy in the NOPO area... he did us well and worked with me on the payments... as things were and are tight with the business for us.. i will recomend and use him again...he preferes Bears and does about 50 a year split between fall and spring, as that is his personal cut off..

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Terry is black bear taxidermy in the NOPO area... he did us well and worked with me on the payments... as things were and are tight with the business for us.. i will recomend and use him again...he preferes Bears and does about 50 a year split between fall and spring, as that is his personal cut off..
    Ya, you can tell he is a taxidermists who really loves what he does. My bear is #48 on his list

This is what you do Vince......dont call em to help lol! If you need help just ahve your butt call me again...........Wait wouldnt that be a booty call? Hahahahahhahaha! I wonder who else has had a booty call from you? Seriously if ya need help to adjust it on the wall let us know.....crazy you hanging that by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    This is what you do Vince......dont call em to help lol! If you need help just ahve your butt call me again...........Wait wouldnt that be a booty call? Hahahahahhahaha! I wonder who else has had a booty call from you? Seriously if ya need help to adjust it on the wall let us know.....crazy you hanging that by yourself.
    LOL so far just YOU, Wld boar, and the dispatcher at the Ak troppers....she is getting to know my pocket well...... dang obamaberry speed dial

meet on face book here

I would really like to get a nice dark bear like that

That's a nice bear, Vince. What did you kill him with? Is this the same bear that you posted about that was chasing a sow with cubs around your campsite?