Thread: ND Pheasant Hunt

Default ND Pheasant Hunt

Had a great hunt this year, another set of new memories . . .

A few more shots . . .

Very nice. Looks like you had a great time. I was down there in Oct and had a blast. First time Pheasant hunting and I'm hooked. Could've used a dog though. Where abouts were you hunting? I was hunting around Carson, ND.

Default bird hunt

Hello,

Great pictures of the hunt. I enjoyed them. I still go back from time to time to the photo you posted in 01/09 of a bird hunt with two hunters, some nice looking phesants, an old truck and dogs. I think you posted it under the "post some pictures of rock....whatever" thread. It is as sharp as I have seen and a grand capture. It remains one of my favorite pictures here. I am glad you started your own thread with these.

Bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Hewey260, I was way out west near the SD/MT boarder in Amidon and some of the other small towns near there . . .

Thanks Bruce. The one you mention is actually one of my favorites also, and is on the wall next to other photos of my dog and hunting friends . .

R,

SH

SH, love the pics. The yellow, chocolate, black lab in the bed of the pickup.

Good work, as usual...

BTW, post that 'favorite pic' here also!

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Oustanding compositions !! WoWoW !!

this is 'priceless' - It tells the WHOLE story - spot on !! Fantastic comp & Depth of field !! This is the essence of photography - in all its simplicity !!

They are all very nice but this is the one I keep coming back to. I can hear the dogs, hear the snow crunch, smell the shot, smell the heavy odor of the game, smell the willows that have been rubbed/browsed. I just like this. This captures an awesome hunt, and no offense intended, the people in it do not look like they just stepped out of an Eddie Bauer catalog. Great picture from an amazing hunt. One of my favorites on the site. Well done

Bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Oh Man, I'm jealous! It's been awhile since I knocked some feathers of those kind of birds. Great images, by the way!!!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Thanks everyone.

Bruce, that is also one of my all time favorite pictures, mostly because of the sharpness of the twigs in between my two friends, the composition elements of the barn and truck, the late afternoon light, and of course the dogs and birds.

Living @ the Top of the World in Barrow Alaska

Well it is so very REFRESHING to see GOOD photography with all the simple elements composed so naturally & professionaly - WELL DONE !!

BUT ... ... ( chuckle) I just gotta add my opinionated 2 cents for what it is worth because this is a perfect example.

I see here .. .. a familiar dilema that I was constantly faced with !!

The flesh looks washed out - the colors need to POP to really brighen up the scene.

That is NOT the color of the hat & vest ! It lacks the 'punch' of that brilliant bright color. Open that image in photoshop and just play with the saturation and vibrancy (lightroom) and watch the pop that fine tuning that image produces !!

I took the time to 'tweak' that image - just to show the brilliant difference when you 'saturate' your colors to more closely resemble the original scene.

I hope you don't mind - I just couldn't resist showing the difference once those 'colors' POP !! Still I have to honestly say that's a ten star image for sure !!

Thanks Majik. I did play with the saturation and vibrance a bit, but the tweak appears oversaturated on my monitor (after I calibrated again), especially in the yellows. I do like the "pop" of the extra saturation (especially in the green and blues, but in print it's actually pretty vibrant. I think the fluorescent orange vest throws off the image also, as it is getting direct sunlight, and appears washed out. I geuss I could try to mask and darken up the vest alone . .

Thanks for the feedback, I'm always looking to learn more . .