Thread: another guess the size

Default another guess the size

This was the biggest moose I have ever seen. The pics don't do it justice..... BUT.... he had 6 brow tines on the right 5 on the left.... for some size perspective... the tents are hilleberg tents that are about 12 ft long and about 4ft high. Also the white tarp fly is 18ft long...

his antlers were swept back heavily with the back tips sitting somewhere around the front part of his hips...

He walked about 30 yards from us and RIGHT by the meat cache... unfortunately we didn't have any moose tags on us...

Greg
    Attached Images Attached Images

65" by the way you don't those GPS coordinates do you.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Ill go with 69 inches what a great moose

That moose walked 30 yards from you and those are your best photos of him you got? Come on man! ...Well my guess is those photos were taken at least 300 + yards away and my guess would be somewhere between 68 1/2 and 69 but I guess we'll never know since he's still walking around unless you know some else got him and did a measurement.
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

65"ish, tough to tell from the photo. The palmation is impressive ! What a dandy.

Default Nice

Nothing wrong with a moose like that living to breed another day!

Cool nice moose...

shootable....when u have a few 60+ moose on the wall after years of hunting ...and u come across ........."""This was the biggest moose I have ever seen. The pics don't do it justice"""....... u will be tossing your hat on the ground and shaking your head! brow tines and age are two diffent things ... as i have a 60.5 inch moo with 7 tines on one side and 9 on the other and 23" across the main palm..with out the points...i think u are what u eat in the moose world/geans to...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Buster View Post
    That moose walked 30 yards from you and those are your best photos of him you got? Come on man! ...Well my guess is those photos were taken at least 300 + yards away and my guess would be somewhere between 68 1/2 and 69 but I guess we'll never know since he's still walking around unless you know some else got him and did a measurement.
    Yeah..... when he was super close we were still in hunt mode and we were being still, not moving... it was quite the experience being that close to animal like that....

65+. Very good bull and worthy of closer judging, if you were to be looking for a trophy class animal. It would be a good place to go back to next year. Not too many honey holes left that can produce bulls like that.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

WOW I'm going with 65'' plus very nice moose...
    I ♥ Big Sheep

28" plus trash

I can't believe we didn't take any pictures when he walked up to the meat cash. I was in shock for such a pretty animal.
    Mark

Somewhere between lucky and extremely lucky

Default BIG

My bull this year was just at 64" dried out...that bull is pushing the 70" mark for sure. I will agree that the pics make it difficult to judge. Without a tag I'd have been taking 30 yard pictures...

Smile

Big enough !

Default wow

Quote Originally Posted by sockeye1 View Post
    My bull this year was just at 64" dried out...that bull is pushing the 70" mark for sure. I will agree that the pics make it difficult to judge. Without a tag I'd have been taking 30 yard pictures...

wow, sockeye... that is a GORGEOUS moose head gear!!! well done

G