Thread: Video Of First Cat On Call

Default Video Of First Cat On Call

Ok, sorry for the wait. But I finally figured out what I was doing worng to upload the video. So here is the video of the Lynx I shot here a few weeks back. You might think as you watch it, to shoot.......shoot, but I wasn't expecting him to walk in upwind like he did. But like the 'ol saying goes curiousity killed the cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSiPrIDgKF0

Nice work!

Thanks, but I know not the best video. I need a stouter tri-pod, so it's a little shaky. I hope to get more on video and as I do I"ll post them up.

Might not be the best ever... but still a darn good video! Got some real good footage man, I enjoyed it!

Nice video. Lynx are funny critters, sometimes spooky sometimes not. That was a very tolerant cat. Were you by yourself running the video and the gun? Thanks for the share. Would've really liked to have had a camera on what happened to me and a coyote last weekend even though he lived to to tell the tale.

Default one man band

yeah thats what makes it somewhat difficult, it's just me. if there was someone else, could of had the camera on him quicker and shot him quicker, rather than slowly moving the camera so the weeds weren't in the way and looking down in the view finder to make sure he was in the frame and not zoomed in to close that it was blury. I just have a sony handycam, have been looking at those more professional camera's though. But it's a work in progress, my buddies don't have the free time I do so I have to wait till they get off for the weekend, where I have weeks off.

Default Awesome!

That's awesome Mike, I can't believe that thing didn't take off, then it looked around like "are you lookin' at me?" Awesome job filming, it always seems like the only blade of grass or branch is always directly in your way. Good job.

Default Wow.

That's a great video. Was it warm? I never trust those electronic things in the cold. Good shooting.

Default Awesome Mike!

Hey if you ever need a back-up and a great camera. I would be up for it. I have all of the camera gear and I am looking to get into a bit of predator hunting this winter.
    Drop me a line if you are intrested. I have tons of stuff on here, so you can ceck the camera work out 1st.
    No worries on me showing-up in your local honey hole on you. I am not wired like that.
    Louis

Loved the video. It made my evening to see it.Thank you for posting it.

BTW: you know you can get mounts to put that camera on your gun.

Default Always up for a partner

It wasn't to bad actually temp wise, I believe it was 5 or so above. The coldest I've had that foxpro in has been -15, and it worked without a flaw. Just shot a fox today and got him on video as well, not sure how well he'll show up as it was 3:30 pm or so and it was 180 yd shot. I'll post that up here as well, except I shot that with my 22-250. I posted the pic in the picture section of this fourm.